REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
chilly460

New Bronco

Speaks

I like it, I dont see buying one myself but its a cool rig. Towing capacity is what kills it for me. I would take one over a Wrangler though. 

chilly460

I’ll cite the Dodge Challenger.  It’s almost comically aged by now, being on an old Mercedes chassis from the Daimler Chrysler days, it was a late entry in the pony car market.  It’s bloated and hasn’t had more than a facelift, yet why does it not just survive but seems to actually be gaining ground? 

Keeps getting hardware, and it fills a niche in a specialized market.  Makes zero sense to buy these things compared to an Accord that costs half as much, gets twice the mileage, and will be much more reliable....yet it survives.  

Don Steese
On 7/14/2020 at 4:16 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

The Base prices are out for each model these are for a 2 door add $4700 for a 4 door

Base $29995

Big Bend $34480

Black Diamond: $37,545

Outer Banks: $40,450

Badlands: $43,590

Wildtrak: $50,370

And they are making only 3500 First editions and they are sold out

First Edition: $60,800

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/how-much-2021-ford-bronco-cost

Even the base model is 21k more than I paid for this...and it'll do basically the same thing; get me from point A to point B!  20180513_143817.thumb.jpg.234be6c4fddcfe4c4a878ec7cc55b06a.jpg

Hammergun
2 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

The biggest thing that the Wrangler has going for it is the massive aftermarket support.  You can take a plain jane wrangler and make it into your dream machine with not a lot of effort and that is what people are looking for.  Jeep is king when it comes to aftermarket support.

The FJ had a following of people that wanted a well built off road vehicle but they could not support the numbers that had to be sold for the product to remain viable. 

The same is going to happen to the Bronco I give it 5 years before Ford drops it due to low sales it is a sharp looking vehicle but it is way late to the game and is trying to play catch up to Jeep.  The aftermarket part companies are not going to invest a ton of money into building parts for a new vehicle until they see how sales are going to go.

The vehicle market is a fickle place we all like certain things that support what we do but a auto manufacturing company is not going to invest in a product that is not going to have broad market appeal I am surprised that Ford brought this to market they must feel that they can make a serious dent on Jeep sales something I dont see happening.

I don’t know if I agree. They have 200 aftermarket options for it so it will have lots of adaptability. I think that the Ford fans may also support it by loyalty as well as the many Land Rover and Cruiser fans who won’t want to rebuild or pay for and service a vintage truck or can’t afford a new Defender or G Wagon. So it could fill a niche here. We will see. But I’m no expert. 

Doubleplay
16 hours ago, chilly460 said:

They sell -230k Wranglers a year to folks that are well aware of their quality concerns, and at the same pricing as the Bronco.  Two folks at work have new Wranglers,  both women, both new to the segment who wanted the “fun image” of the Wrangler.  They’re who will buy the Bronco.  Or people like me who are enthusiasts, don’t have kids, and don’t want an SUV on a unibody

I would highly suggest a 4runner then....

ScenicRoute
16 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Even the base model is 21k more than I paid for this...and it'll do basically the same thing; get me from point A to point B!  20180513_143817.thumb.jpg.234be6c4fddcfe4c4a878ec7cc55b06a.jpg

You do know Dodge means to avoid...or I guess you don’t! 

Otherwise great example. 

Curt
17 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Hard to argue with this point.  

Don Steese
8 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

You do know Dodge means to avoid...or I guess you don’t! 

Otherwise great example. 

I've only owned two Dodge pickups. If this one ends up being like my first, your comment will be spot on!  I'm a slow learner !!