Sweetza

Mike da Carpenter

On 1/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, Mike da Carpenter said:

Put in your meat of choice.  Here I’m using ham and bacon.  Leave a cavity in the middle.  You will see why in a couple posts.

3E34F307-5E47-4DDF-8D86-B3413B4E3E04.thumb.jpeg.a3de7e5c64a2822094e7e1f0337a7779.jpeg

Looks like pre-cooked bacon?  

Mike da Carpenter
29 minutes ago, Peent said:

Yes, we buy bacon crumbles (giant chewy bacon bits) from Costco for use in salads, sweetzas and the like.  Have never tried this with raw bacon, and don’t think I would want to.

I'm giving this a try today.  Thinking about mixing it up somewhat with half BBQ sauce and half tomato sauce.  

I have always used cast iron for certain dishes. Chili, smothered (bone in) pork chops. Carnitas, etc. I have grill/griddles, a comal, numerous other unidentifiable pans and a dutch oven. But what put me on course over the past year is the fact that the house I bought in AZ has an induction stove. This has forced me to use my cast iron stuff, plus my friend Pete brought over his cast cookware and 'loaned' it to me. My favorite is a 12-7/8" pan simply stamped Made in USA. No ides who made any of these pans, except one is a Lodge. Tonight we are doing rib-eyes for four on the griddles.

The only other item I use as much is my large steel wok. Tomorrow I am making curry on the wok.

In about to weeks we demolish the kitchen and do a total remake... going back to a gas cooktop with real HEAT. But I will keep the cast iron at work.

• 7 months later...
Mike da Carpenter

Made a couple more tonight.  Less cheese this time though.  That turned out to be a mistake.  Was dry this time (less oil and nothing to keep the moisture from evaporating), and a royal pain to clean up too.  I don’t know why I veer off of the original when I was happy.  One day, maybe I’ll remember that.  

DCE49DD6-C3A3-416D-B073-74CDD5937FA4.thumb.jpeg.8844a0c52fbcee7cedaf3f2dd2cbb179.jpeg