Jazz4Brazo

10,000 Mile Oil Changes?? New Vehicle Break In Period??

dogrunner

Don’t know who makes this filter but I just took it off. I wouldn’t take it to 10,000 miles. 

500901D9-A25E-42BB-951B-6EE40D910A7B.jpeg

Samuel Hoggson

filtergasket.thumb.JPG.a7d08569e9518a8b1e1abf664036866f.JPG

Gonna veer OT for a brief PSA.

Second oil change on the 6.2 last Wed.  Spin filter off.  Inspect for the.....hey, where is it?  Look up.  Can't see or feel it on the plate, either. 

OCD is strong.  Am not putting the new filter on till.......didn't like sticking my fingers in hot waste oil.  But there it was.

Funny but in 50 years or so at this stuff that's the first one.

But the thought of screwing a gasket on a gasket creeps me out.

Mike da Carpenter
2 hours ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

filtergasket.thumb.JPG.a7d08569e9518a8b1e1abf664036866f.JPG

Gonna veer OT for a brief PSA.

Second oil change on the 6.2 last Wed.  Spin filter off.  Inspect for the.....hey, where is it?  Look up.  Can't see or feel it on the plate, either. 

OCD is strong.  Am not putting the new filter on till.......didn't like sticking my fingers in hot waste oil.  But there it was.

Funny but in 50 years or so at this stuff that's the first one.

But the thought of screwing a gasket on a gasket creeps me out.

1st time I ever changed my own oil I was was in a auto shop garage on the Army base I was stationed at in NM.  Read the Chilton’s manual, followed it step by step to complete the oil change on my truck.  Got done, started the truck and looked underneath and there were no drips at all.  I was extremely happy with the finished product.  Put the truck in reverse and gave it some gas...and that’s when the pressure rose and all that new oil I had just put in come out and covered the garage floor.  Yep, I had put gasket to gasket.  Seems as though Chilton left out that little detail.

I can also say that due to my OCD, that should never happen again.

steveziv

I ran my last two company cars at 8-10K intervals, full synthetic.  Turned them all in around 120K running great.  Wish I could have kept the Grand Marquis till it died.