REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
MUSTANGER7

WHAT BEEPER COLLARS HAVE A LOCATOR BUTTON/BEEPER

MUSTANGER7

I have been using a Dogtra 2002 beeper collars which have the point mode, run mode and beeper, its having issues! So I am trying to determine if I should let Collar Clinic recondition them or get a new ones.  I rarely use the shock feature but do use the locator a lot s0 I don't have to look at the GPS often which keeps things simple. The only collar I can find which has the locator beeper/button feature is the Dogtra 2025/27 series but the beeper horn is under the dogs chin, I've heard that makes it difficult to hear?? also concerned about balance as I will want to put the Garmin GPS on the same collar as they now are. Don't want a collar I have to constantly turn off and on, here in Florida the dog can be close and not be able to be seen so the locator feature is great, also dogs are trained to turn towards me on two beeps so a run mode messes with their minds as does the point mode with the two dogs (rescues) who are young (9) enough for me to take out, my older dogs learned with the point and run mode.

Any good ideas appreciated! fix current collars or new ones????

Hub

Garmin makes a beeper collar unit that can be controlled remotely, but they are too stupid to integrate that functionality with their GPS collars so if you want a louder beeper you have to carry two transmitters and run the dog with multiple collars.  

dogrunner

Have the old one fixed. The newer one with the speaker on the bottom is harder to hear. 

terrym

I have a Dogtra 2500 T&B. It has a locate beeper and even with my terrible hearing the beeper pointing down is still effective.