550plus with mini collar?

Does anyone use the mini sized collar for their dog?  My Braque is likely to be around 50lbs full grown.  Currently 27 or so at 3.5mos old.  These things look awful big.  Intend to order in the next week or so.  Thinking he can get used to wearing it outside and i wouldn't mind having the GPS as i'm giving him more and more freedom on field walks.  Also thinking the tone function would be good to have as well.  

I run the tt15’s on my Braques. My boy is 40lbs soakin wet and Lucy was 46. I absolutely love em.

I would go with the full size unit instead of the minis.  On a 35 pound dog I see no difference.  I do have one mini that I use on puppies.  The advantage of the full size collar is much longer battery life in case you actually lose a dog.

Hmm...how's the used market on these?   Perhaps i could go mini for the first season then switch to full size for the second if needed and sell the mini.  Or am i going to want to keep the mini in the truck as i'll be hopefully hunting public lands in strange faraway places like Pennsylvania and I have a history of losing the truck already.  

Full size for my Pudelpointer. She's 53 lbs.

I run the mini on my Setter. She's around 36 lbs.

I put the full size on my Setter, and its almost too big to get proper contact for the e collar prongs on her neck.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Jacksdad said:

Hmm...how's the used market on these?   Perhaps i could go mini for the first season then switch to full size for the second if needed and sell the mini.  Or am i going to want to keep the mini in the truck as i'll be hopefully hunting public lands in strange faraway places like Pennsylvania and I have a history of losing the truck already.  

It's always a good idea to have a backup with any electronic equipment.

I haven't noted much difference at all in battery life between the TT15 and the TT15 Mini.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Pro 550 Plus with two Mini's on a 42 lb Llew.  Not sure why anyone would want a full size on a smaller dog.   That said, you do need to charge it up every evening.  I've run it two  long days in a row and run out of juice on the collar but never on the unit itself.

I have the mini’s. 42 lb and 52 lb setters. Not sure why not to use the mini on any dog.

If you want to add an electronic collar unit to the gps collar, the mini gives you a little more room.