Jump to content
REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Treerooster

Need A New Truck UPDATED...got one

Recommended Posts

dogrunner
22 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

 

 

I looked at the fords, but none of the volume dealers stock a 5.0 and you have to step up to the lariat package to get "auto 4wd".

 

 

What do you mean by this?   Auto 4 wd is a standard option on any configuration truck.   Usually you can find a 5.0 or just order the truck you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulliesbrew

The lariat package includes full time automatic 4wd, the XLT has a selector that only has 2wd, 4 hi and 4 lo.

 

Local volume dealer has 1 5.0 in inventory, another dealer has 22 but barely any discounts on those configurations.

 

My requirements were V8, 6.5' bed, not white. That pretty well eliminated ford for me with what I could find locally with any kind of discounting. I got a brand new 2018 1500 LT Allstar (color matching bumpers and infotainment center) for $34k. A price well below what I could find in a ford. And getting laughed at by sales guys for wanting a V8 put a sour taste in my mouth.

 

image.png.e5fb7464d5f3856edd1472662d1566d7.pngimage.png.bc14ad7bcc0535d4d02e84717201da27.png

image.thumb.png.5e3446351c6e81f561bbd2e859f496e4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
3 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

The lariat package includes full time automatic 4wd, the XLT has a selector that only has 2wd, 4 hi and 4 lo.

 

Local volume dealer has 1 5.0 in inventory, another dealer has 22 but barely any discounts on those configurations.

 

My requirements were V8, 6.5' bed, not white. That pretty well eliminated ford for me with what I could find locally with any kind of discounting. I got a brand new 2018 1500 LT Allstar (color matching bumpers and infotainment center) for $34k. A price well below what I could find in a ford. And getting laughed at by sales guys for wanting a V8 put a sour taste in my mouth.

 

image.png.e5fb7464d5f3856edd1472662d1566d7.pngimage.png.bc14ad7bcc0535d4d02e84717201da27.png

image.thumb.png.5e3446351c6e81f561bbd2e859f496e4.png

Ah I didn't know you wanted lock out hubs.  You rarely see that any more on a F150, more common on a Super duty.  Also sounds like that dealership should fire there sales staff and get people in there that want to sell vehicles and not tell customers what they should buy.  In my dealings with sales people is that they usually don't even know the product that there selling. I have had 3 Turbo motors and since 2012  I have had 5--- 5.0 trucks and like that motor better and it is also cheaper to buy upfront by usually about $600 bucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flush
15 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Ah I didn't know you wanted lock out hubs.  You rarely see that any more on a F150, more common on a Super duty. 

 

He isn't talking about hubs, I don't think manual hubs are available on any F150s.

 

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode that is available on Lariat and above models on the F150.

It's basically like an all wheel drive setting (4 auto) you can choose in addition to the standard 2wd and 4hi and 4lo

This video from Ford explains it.

 

F150 different 4wd systems

 

GM has had a transfer case system with the 4 auto setting like this for a long time, but Ford relatively recently (2012 ish?) added it as an option, but it's only available in Lariat and above trim levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulliesbrew
37 minutes ago, Flush said:

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode

Correct, and I use it a ton in the winter, it cuts my MPGs by 1 or 2 vs running in 4hi and dropping it by 4 or 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
5 hours ago, Flush said:

 

He isn't talking about hubs, I don't think manual hubs are available on any F150s.

 

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode that is available on Lariat and above models on the F150.

It's basically like an all wheel drive setting (4 auto) you can choose in addition to the standard 2wd and 4hi and 4lo

This video from Ford explains it.

 

F150 different 4wd systems

 

GM has had a transfer case system with the 4 auto setting like this for a long time, but Ford relatively recently (2012 ish?) added it as an option, but it's only available in Lariat and above trim levels.

Yes that system is usually on there luxury type and suv vehicles. I always get a F150 with the Off road package so I didn't get what he meant.  I checked and no I don't think a 150 has lock outs any more just Super duty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
4 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

Correct, and I use it a ton in the winter, it cuts my MPGs by 1 or 2 vs running in 4hi and dropping it by 4 or 5.

I never see a 4 or 5 mpg drop in 4 wheel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Treerooster

Well I bought a new pickup. 2019 F150. 4-door with 6 1/2' bed, 5.0 engine and got the 36 gal tank. That's pretty much what was important to me except the 4-door, would have preferred the super cab but this may work out for the better. We'll see. I like it...so far anyways. Did some research on the engine and since I intend on keeping the truck a good while the 5.0 seemed the way to go. Thanks for all the replies guys.

 

403637204_2019F1502Resized.thumb.jpg.459db646c55d4d0e6e9f577cdc730f63.jpg

 

Tried to get a pic with my new truck as impressive as Peent's truck below, but my wood pile just doesn't stack up.

1179969898_2019F1501Resized.thumb.jpg.62b67aa631e28aeae6691ec5f6a4eb75.jpg

 

4C8D48C8-261C-49AD-9319-20A33510FFED.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MNice

Nice! There are some great deals at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner

Good choice. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
River19

Nice rig Treerooster.

 

So many decent rigs to choose from out there, especially when we are honest with what is something we need vs. a want and as well as an honest conversation about how we will use the truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayB

I like that color, my company truck has a non turbo V-6, pretty peppy but I like that 5.0 better about the same GPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacksdad

That is pretty!

 

my tundra just blew a blinker bulb.  Might have to trade it in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jalinkly
1 hour ago, Jacksdad said:

That is pretty!

 

my tundra just blew a blinker bulb.  Might have to trade it in!

I’ll help you out and take it off your hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobman

I bet you warm up to having four full doors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×