Jump to content

Need A New Truck UPDATED...got one


Recommended Posts

dogrunner
22 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

 

 

I looked at the fords, but none of the volume dealers stock a 5.0 and you have to step up to the lariat package to get "auto 4wd".

 

 

What do you mean by this?   Auto 4 wd is a standard option on any configuration truck.   Usually you can find a 5.0 or just order the truck you want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dogrunner

    10

  • Brad Eden

    7

  • GLS

    7

  • Treerooster

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I bought a new pickup. 2019 F150. 4-door with 6 1/2' bed, 5.0 engine and got the 36 gal tank. That's pretty much what was important to me except the 4-door, would have preferred the super cab but

I bought a 2019 Ranger Super-Crew last June, with a towing "package" and an off-road "package".  I needed a new truck as my old shooting brake was getting long in the tooth.  I did not need a full siz

If/when I buy another truck, unless there's something much better out by then, it'll be the 2.7L F150 ecoboost with double cab and 4x4 and as few other options as I can get. A lot better economy and a

Posted Images

Sulliesbrew

The lariat package includes full time automatic 4wd, the XLT has a selector that only has 2wd, 4 hi and 4 lo.

 

Local volume dealer has 1 5.0 in inventory, another dealer has 22 but barely any discounts on those configurations.

 

My requirements were V8, 6.5' bed, not white. That pretty well eliminated ford for me with what I could find locally with any kind of discounting. I got a brand new 2018 1500 LT Allstar (color matching bumpers and infotainment center) for $34k. A price well below what I could find in a ford. And getting laughed at by sales guys for wanting a V8 put a sour taste in my mouth.

 

image.png.e5fb7464d5f3856edd1472662d1566d7.pngimage.png.bc14ad7bcc0535d4d02e84717201da27.png

image.thumb.png.5e3446351c6e81f561bbd2e859f496e4.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
3 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

The lariat package includes full time automatic 4wd, the XLT has a selector that only has 2wd, 4 hi and 4 lo.

 

Local volume dealer has 1 5.0 in inventory, another dealer has 22 but barely any discounts on those configurations.

 

My requirements were V8, 6.5' bed, not white. That pretty well eliminated ford for me with what I could find locally with any kind of discounting. I got a brand new 2018 1500 LT Allstar (color matching bumpers and infotainment center) for $34k. A price well below what I could find in a ford. And getting laughed at by sales guys for wanting a V8 put a sour taste in my mouth.

 

image.png.e5fb7464d5f3856edd1472662d1566d7.pngimage.png.bc14ad7bcc0535d4d02e84717201da27.png

image.thumb.png.5e3446351c6e81f561bbd2e859f496e4.png

Ah I didn't know you wanted lock out hubs.  You rarely see that any more on a F150, more common on a Super duty.  Also sounds like that dealership should fire there sales staff and get people in there that want to sell vehicles and not tell customers what they should buy.  In my dealings with sales people is that they usually don't even know the product that there selling. I have had 3 Turbo motors and since 2012  I have had 5--- 5.0 trucks and like that motor better and it is also cheaper to buy upfront by usually about $600 bucks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Ah I didn't know you wanted lock out hubs.  You rarely see that any more on a F150, more common on a Super duty. 

 

He isn't talking about hubs, I don't think manual hubs are available on any F150s.

 

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode that is available on Lariat and above models on the F150.

It's basically like an all wheel drive setting (4 auto) you can choose in addition to the standard 2wd and 4hi and 4lo

This video from Ford explains it.

 

F150 different 4wd systems

 

GM has had a transfer case system with the 4 auto setting like this for a long time, but Ford relatively recently (2012 ish?) added it as an option, but it's only available in Lariat and above trim levels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulliesbrew
37 minutes ago, Flush said:

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode

Correct, and I use it a ton in the winter, it cuts my MPGs by 1 or 2 vs running in 4hi and dropping it by 4 or 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
5 hours ago, Flush said:

 

He isn't talking about hubs, I don't think manual hubs are available on any F150s.

 

He is talking about the automatic "full time" 4wd mode that is available on Lariat and above models on the F150.

It's basically like an all wheel drive setting (4 auto) you can choose in addition to the standard 2wd and 4hi and 4lo

This video from Ford explains it.

 

F150 different 4wd systems

 

GM has had a transfer case system with the 4 auto setting like this for a long time, but Ford relatively recently (2012 ish?) added it as an option, but it's only available in Lariat and above trim levels.

Yes that system is usually on there luxury type and suv vehicles. I always get a F150 with the Off road package so I didn't get what he meant.  I checked and no I don't think a 150 has lock outs any more just Super duty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
4 hours ago, Sulliesbrew said:

Correct, and I use it a ton in the winter, it cuts my MPGs by 1 or 2 vs running in 4hi and dropping it by 4 or 5.

I never see a 4 or 5 mpg drop in 4 wheel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Treerooster

Well I bought a new pickup. 2019 F150. 4-door with 6 1/2' bed, 5.0 engine and got the 36 gal tank. That's pretty much what was important to me except the 4-door, would have preferred the super cab but this may work out for the better. We'll see. I like it...so far anyways. Did some research on the engine and since I intend on keeping the truck a good while the 5.0 seemed the way to go. Thanks for all the replies guys.

 

403637204_2019F1502Resized.thumb.jpg.459db646c55d4d0e6e9f577cdc730f63.jpg

 

Tried to get a pic with my new truck as impressive as Peent's truck below, but my wood pile just doesn't stack up.

1179969898_2019F1501Resized.thumb.jpg.62b67aa631e28aeae6691ec5f6a4eb75.jpg

 

4C8D48C8-261C-49AD-9319-20A33510FFED.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice rig Treerooster.

 

So many decent rigs to choose from out there, especially when we are honest with what is something we need vs. a want and as well as an honest conversation about how we will use the truck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that color, my company truck has a non turbo V-6, pretty peppy but I like that 5.0 better about the same GPM

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is pretty!

 

my tundra just blew a blinker bulb.  Might have to trade it in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacksdad said:

That is pretty!

 

my tundra just blew a blinker bulb.  Might have to trade it in!

I’ll help you out and take it off your hands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...