REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dogwood

Minivan Hunting Rig wish list . . .

Dogwood

9" ground clearance.

4WD with locking diff

Rubber floors.

Optional 3rd row seats with removable 2nd row.

Diesel option for better towing.

The ultimate hunting vehicle IMO; climate controlled, max cargo space/size ratio and easily accessible,  handles most off road hunting situations, supremely comfortable highway cruiser, aerodynamic so better fuel economy.  

One can dream.  It's the middle of February after all . . .

bennelli-banger

my toyota sienna with the 2nd and 3rd row seats out makes for a great rig from 9/1 to mid-october...handles my MT/ND sharpy and hun hunting perfectly.  Wish it had more clearance, and 4wd, but the chevy pickup gets the nod once SD pheasant season starts around 10/15.  Love that van...such easy crate access...visibility...mileage...dropped a 4' x 8' piece of plywood in it...4 crates are a piece of cake...

Mike da Carpenter

Kinda sounds like a Subaru minus the Diesel engine.

bobman

Ford offers the transit in diesel and there several 4x4 converters that do them

CheckCord

Actually sounds like a Mercedes Van.  I believe they come with diesel and 4wd.  

Jacksdad

Good towing ability requires more than torque.  It requires a traditional frame, longer wheelbase and a good amount of weight.  None of those things are found in a minivan.

Other than that you are describing something like a Suburban.  2nd row on my last one (13) folded forward IIRC.  

Pick any nice SUV and have an ARB air locker put in.  Done.  

C.J.L.

Nissan has what you need.

s-l64-1.jpg

s-l64.jpg

s-l500.jpg

UplandHntr

A high top sprinter van makes a lot of sense. Throw some a/t truck tires on it and customize the inside how you’d like . The cats ass

bobman

There’s a dealer in Utah that builds 4x4 Nissan vans like that using all titan parts

I was considering one but the biggest engine is a small block v-8 and I want a tow vehicle

Nissan has some bad problems with transmissions but might not be in that vehicle 

sprinters are German and German means maintenence hungry and expensive 

Ive always hunted out of vans they make a lot of sense, always wondered why the big three don’t build them. Seems like a lot of tradesman would want one they go in a lot of muddy places on job sites 

Im looking for a clean ford e 350 v-10 15 passenger low mileage 2014 which is the last year they made them

CheckCord

Quigley does 4x4 for the Ford transit vans which are very nice with the 3.5 ecoboost.  Included with their conversation / system is 2” lift. 

C.J.L.
39 minutes ago, bobman said:

Nissan has some bad problems with transmissions but might not be in that vehicle

Who's stating this?  I've never had a single issue with 5 titans that ran great to 150K miles.  Sounds like internet BS.  

bobman

May not be that transmission is what I said and I was doing that from memory.

Nissan has a terrible reputation with transmission problems right now. Might just be in their cars that’s why I said “ might not” apply to that vehicle