Swampy 16

2016 and newer Jeep Cherokee

Swampy 16
24 minutes ago, blanked said:

If you need to fit in 2 intermediate crates the Cherokee and renegade won’t fit.   2013 to 2018 rav4 AWD have a manual lock .   Gets 28 mpg.  Fits 2 intermediate crates easily.   And reliable as heck.  My 2014 FWD has 180,000 miles biggest job is brakes.   I am looking for a 2018 AWD

you can get a 2 inch suspension lift for $600 to $800 depending on what manuf you choose

Have you driven one with the manual lock? Any good in deep snow?, well, deepish snow.

blanked

No I haven’t.  Did a lot of research about that on the rav 4 forum.  Reviews were outstanding when adding the sport mode with the manual lock.  Only down side if any is the manual lock will not work above 25  MPH .  I don’t see this as an issue

Tim Frazier

My soft roader 2016 HRV, with the mini-truck tires on it, has been getting 28.5-29.5 daily and on the 800 mile round trip to the Adirondacks got just under 31 and just under 32 when the weather was decent on the way back.  With a manual transmission I think it would be a great vehicle but with the CVT it's still a good vehicle.  For $15,000 even I won't complain.  Still have the F150 for the heavy lifting.

tire2.jpg

tire_LI (2).jpg

Swampy 16

I may actually be buying a Jeep Compass Trailhawk tonight.

Swampy 16

Well, here’s what I ended up with. Very pleased though I wanted the Trailhawk but looked at the fuel economy versus the Limited and decided against it. Still wish I’d gone that route in a way but I’m rarely ever in a situation where I need a locking rear, tow hooks, skid plates, etc.  I know it’s all great to have but I do a ton of driving in the fall and going into winter I need to tighten up the spending. I may have already posted a pic in another thread so my apologies if I did.

B63793BF-D092-4FAF-9BB5-E98C4EAFB49C.jpeg

Swampy 16

30 mpg from central Jersey our to LVSC with the V6. She’s a keeper !

blanked

Is that hand calulated?

Tim Frazier
8 minutes ago, blanked said:

Is that hand calulated?

What!!! You mean you can't trust the companies programed numbers!  OH the shame!!!

Swampy 16

Not hand calculated. My F-150 is spot on as far as what it says on the dash so I mostly trust it. We drove mostly back roads from Bridgewater NJ to Atlantic City last wknd. Round trip is 260 miles and got 24 mpg. That’s hand calculated.