An honorary English Setter.

Mike Connally

This guy was transported by 20 different drivers from Louisiana to Baltimore. 3 days of travel with two overnights from folks who will never see him again. 

Thanks to Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue for arranging this. 

He’s not an English Setter but we gave him honorary status. He was in a bad situation,  but he’s gonna be alright now. He was down to his last two days at a Texas kill shelter. 

81990F98-D8ED-4975-A524-367EE199D7C3.jpeg

42612020-4750-44EB-950F-649CEC33D731.jpeg

B1580F57-4B62-48CB-9633-7B6025339998.jpeg

Good looking dog . He looks so happy and guarantee lots of love coming back atcha . Nice job Mike .

Good on you Mike for taking a rescue pup. Hard to contemplate what might have happened. There's some bird dog in there somewhere. Do you have a name for him?

Mike Connally

Nope. I helped transport him. He already had a home two drivers down from me. 

I didn’t mean to imply that I had adopted him. By the time I’m contacted by ABESR they are already set for a foster or adoption. 

I just like helping them along on their new adventure. 

Fire Marshal Bill

Good for you. It's a good thing you do for our K-9 friends. 

• 2 months later...
Mike Connally

Same dog. On the way back south after staying with her foster. I thought I’d never see her again but I got a chance to take her on her final journey today. One of the 20 original transporters took a shine to her and applied for adoption. 

That will be her final home. 

6AC9CE05-28AA-4ECA-A845-E8061923DC41.jpeg

traveller2926

Thank you for your commitment in this important need.  And, a word of thanks to everyone else working to help in this worthy effort!  Best...

UplandHntr

Good karma to you sir!! Ive signed up to be on a couple of these transport lists but have never been contacted

Mike Connally
1 hour ago, UplandHntr said:

Good karma to you sir!! Ive signed up to be on a couple of these transport lists but have never been contacted

Here ya go. Talk to Heidi. 

abesrescue.transports2@gmail.com

she can put you in a contact list for emails for transports. 

Mention my name. 

Mike Connally

An interesting twist to all of this is that there are almost no english setters left to adopt in shelters. At least in the eastern US. 

ABESR is moving more “honorary setters” now than ever before. It seems Tennessee has the bulk of them. And kill shelters. 

I attribute the ES adoption rates to the “stay at homes” during the CVD19 business. 

I sure hope we don’t have a bunch of unwanted dogs afterwards. Fortunately ABESR does a good job of vetting adopters.