REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
1971snipe

Gardening 2020

spring

Some very impressive gardens on here...mine is pretty simple but designed for low maintenance since it's at my farm and I'm normally not there every day.  

I usually have 6 or 7 different varieties of tomatoes, an advantage of which is that they don't all make around the same time; a few small ones started showing up on a couple of variety's this week. 

Looks like I'll have my first squash next week, and as usual, June and early July should be tomato sandwich times. 

IMG_4222.jpeg

Brad Eden

B907B941-5DEA-4CA0-BD8B-771CA033501F.jpeg

My gardening is on hold until I can tackle this....the green on closest bed is actually spinach (or kale) that somehow survived a Maine winter, 

OldSarge

Gonna be a little while yet. 

A3B67D30-09F5-4847-8B83-D28A77816CA2.jpeg

gaberdeen

Started some tomato seeds today. Also have some broccoli ready to be planted out as well as some cool weather greens. I need to get out and trellis my blackberry and raspberry plants that I put in last year.

drummer's stump

The snow softened up enough today for me to snowblow the garden today. I should be able to plant lettuce, carrots in 5 weeks or so. 

rideold

The foot of snow we had yesterday is gone today but another foot is supposed to come tomorrow.....can't complain about the moisture but dang, this is a snowy and cold April so far.

drummer's stump
7 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

B907B941-5DEA-4CA0-BD8B-771CA033501F.jpeg

My gardening is on hold until I can tackle this....the green on closest bed is actually spinach (or kale) that somehow survived a Maine winter, 

we have had lettuce, and carrots survive in our raised beds. 

Steve Hunts

I would grow more veggies if I didn't have to work full time. I like to save my spare time for fishing, motorcycles, etc. We decided to buy a share in a local farm CSA program. All the veggies we need, support local ag, local jobs, etc. Runs May-Oct.

Chief Paduke

We planted cabbage, kale, arugula, beets, and turnips today.