Gardening 2020

Some very impressive gardens on here...mine is pretty simple but designed for low maintenance since it's at my farm and I'm normally not there every day.  

I usually have 6 or 7 different varieties of tomatoes, an advantage of which is that they don't all make around the same time; a few small ones started showing up on a couple of variety's this week. 

Looks like I'll have my first squash next week, and as usual, June and early July should be tomato sandwich times. 

IMG_4222.jpeg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BBlizzard18

• Alaskan Swamp Collie

• Brad Eden

• 1971snipe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dug up some horseradish from the garden today.  Beef roast with horseradish sauce on the menu for tomorrow night.  

The snow softened up enough today for me to snowblow the garden today. I should be able to plant lettuce, carrots in 5 weeks or so. 

Garden/raised beds still under some snow but it is melting. I won’t even start thinking about the vegetable garden until mid April and won’t start prep or seed sowing until May. Planting transplants e

Posted Images

Brad Eden

B907B941-5DEA-4CA0-BD8B-771CA033501F.jpeg

My gardening is on hold until I can tackle this....the green on closest bed is actually spinach (or kale) that somehow survived a Maine winter, 

OldSarge

Gonna be a little while yet. 

A3B67D30-09F5-4847-8B83-D28A77816CA2.jpeg

gaberdeen

Started some tomato seeds today. Also have some broccoli ready to be planted out as well as some cool weather greens. I need to get out and trellis my blackberry and raspberry plants that I put in last year.

drummer's stump

The snow softened up enough today for me to snowblow the garden today. I should be able to plant lettuce, carrots in 5 weeks or so. 

rideold

The foot of snow we had yesterday is gone today but another foot is supposed to come tomorrow.....can't complain about the moisture but dang, this is a snowy and cold April so far.

drummer's stump
7 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

B907B941-5DEA-4CA0-BD8B-771CA033501F.jpeg

My gardening is on hold until I can tackle this....the green on closest bed is actually spinach (or kale) that somehow survived a Maine winter, 

we have had lettuce, and carrots survive in our raised beds. 

Steve Hunts

I would grow more veggies if I didn't have to work full time. I like to save my spare time for fishing, motorcycles, etc. We decided to buy a share in a local farm CSA program. All the veggies we need, support local ag, local jobs, etc. Runs May-Oct.

Chief Paduke

We planted cabbage, kale, arugula, beets, and turnips today.