Jump to content

Tom Brady Leaving The Patriots


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • RuffChaser

    8

  • jeff88

    6

  • Millriver

    6

  • DoubleAuto

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...some clam chowder for lunch then a nap sounds good.

And I truly believe the Bills will be the beast in the East. They just had that look about them last year. Good for them, those people in Buffalo need something to cheer about!

Wonder where he's going?  Heard Tampa and the Chargers are interested on the top of the list.  IMO, if this is the end of the line with the Pats, he had the greatest run of success as a QB in Pro foot

Posted Images

Not smart to go to the Chargers. Twice a year he’d have to face the Chiefs. My money is on Mahomes in that matchup. Brady is not what he used to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady's going to Tampa provided that there's a season this year if no season he should just retire

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe we will now get to see what Belichek truly is.  I think, memory may not serve me well, that Gibbs is the only coach to win Super bowls with multiple QB's?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't miss the media hype concerning his future in NE.  Nothing wrong with a fresh start for all concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Brady's going to Tampa provided that there's a season this year if no season he should just retire

Dumb move and it just shows that no team with even a chance wanted him, Tampa is a fleabag of a football team. Brady will be sweating his old ass off in that climate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Dumb move and it just shows that no team with even a chance wanted him, Tampa is a fleabag of a football team. Brady will be sweating his old ass off in that climate. 

I agree why would a team that wants to establish itself as a contender for years to come go with a aged QB that has limited years left to play.  His best bet was to retire when on top now he is going to be remembered for whatever happens in Tampa

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope wherever he goes he doesn’t look like Johnny Unitas in a Chargers uniform 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DoubleAuto said:

What are the New Englanders on here that have shown all the man love for Brady going to do?  Will there be a run on the remaining Brady jerseys?  Will they sit for days watching old Patriot games and crying. 

I remember the first time Peyton Manning played against the Colts after leaving there. The stadium was full of signs requesting, “Sack him Gently.” Fans still loved him but continued to support their team. I expect the same in this case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brady is too old theme begs some questions:  Do you think he would have missed a wide open Sanders in the SB last year?  Or equaled 30 TDs with 30 Interceptions like Winston did in TB?  Weren't the Pats undefeated for much of last season and looking like they were SB bound?  Didn't they get home field and the bye with only one decent level receiver or TE?    If I was the GM of TB, LAC or SF I'd be looking for ways to bring him in.  @ 20% worse than what he was he's still 20% better than the average QB.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why in his right mind would he want to go to Tampa bay. It’s not like he’s hurting for money.  I’m sure he has a plan and the ones involved know about it.  But you never know.   Just look at those idiot Texans. They gave away there best receiver.  There offense just needs a O line and a few players on defense.  Because of this. As soon as Deshawn can leave I hope he tells them to kiss his A and goes to a smart savvy team. Not like he plays for now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mshowman said:

I remember the first time Peyton Manning played against the Colts after leaving there. The stadium was full of signs requesting, “Sack him Gently.” Fans still loved him but continued to support their team. I expect the same in this case. 

 

"respect the neck"... I was there - there was as many orange #18 jerseys as blue ones.

I, too, was in orange, but it was an old #53 Randy Gradishar orange crush jersey, pretty sure I was the only one in the stadium who knew who he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lurch said:

 

"respect the neck"... I was there - there was as many orange #18 jerseys as blue ones.

I, too, was in orange, but it was an old #53 Randy Gradishar orange crush jersey, pretty sure I was the only one in the stadium who knew who he was.

Good choice. Woody Hayes said Gradishar was the best linebacker he ever coached. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...