Tom Brady Leaving The Patriots

1 hour ago, Kansas Bound said:

People are assuming Tom will win the starting job. 

They’re not paying 30 million for him to be a backup 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RuffChaser

• jeff88

• Millriver

• DoubleAuto

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...some clam chowder for lunch then a nap sounds good.

And I truly believe the Bills will be the beast in the East. They just had that look about them last year. Good for them, those people in Buffalo need something to cheer about!

Wonder where he's going?  Heard Tampa and the Chargers are interested on the top of the list.  IMO, if this is the end of the line with the Pats, he had the greatest run of success as a QB in Pro foot

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RuffChaser said:

I grew up in Erie, PA and all my siblings have always lived there. Erie is nearly equidistant from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo. Odds are most everyone I grew up with is a fan of one of those teams.

Still doesn't explain Tampa Bay.

Crazy Horse

" Still doesn't explain Tampa Bay. " It's about the money, it's always about the money. Maybe now New England fans will be calling Brady a "Tory" rather than a Patriot.  ;~)

shoot-straight

Ravens fan here. Also I have Become a huge bills fan. They are loving this for sure

WPG Gizmo

Tampa had the Money that they could spend on Brady unlike some other teams that were interested.  Does having Brady mean that they will win a SB well no.

But let's look at this no one know if there will even be a NFL season this fall if the current situation goes deep into summer which is possible then all bets are off on if there will even be a NFL season come fall and if there is how abbreviated will it be all you need is a player or two to test positive in the summer. 

Teams start training for real in June if they cant train until much later that sets the season back in return.

Personally I feel that Brady should have retired maybe take a job in the Pats front office or even just spend the time off with his kids guess he had different ideas

RuffChaser
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

when I started liking football was the late 70s. The Bucs were actually good then. I was a big fan of Doug Williams. When I decide I like a team I’m with them for life.

MN Tonester
On 3/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

I agree why would a team that wants to establish itself as a contender for years to come go with a aged QB that has limited years left to play.

From what I read this morning, NE could not sign any top notch receivers which hastened his departure to a team that has some top notch receivers.  NE was in the hunt for Diggs, who had personality issues with Minnesota and Cousins, but lost out to Buffalo.  I wish Brady well and look forward to what he does in Tampa.  I think the writing was on the wall when Gronk called it quits.

Word is there are many players getting in touch with TB about coming to play for them.  It wouldn’t take many players with what they already have to have a shot.  I don’t follow TB but from what I read if Winston hadn’t thrown so many interceptions they would have won several more games and would have definitely made it to the playoffs.   It will be an interesting season    

If they have one. 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, jeff88 said:

I actually had Brian Greise riding shotgun in my minivan one time while he and his agent were discussing contract $ during his Tamp days. Was an interesting ride...

Pub Scout

AFC EAST Champs Buffalo Bills  has a nice ring to it.

He was a cog in a machine...when he flounders in TB it all his "fans" will say he is old.  Gimme a break, my grandmother could have been QB for the Pats and she has been in the ground for 20 years.

On 3/17/2020 at 9:47 AM, jeff88 said:

Wonder where he's going?  Heard Tampa and the Chargers are interested on the top of the list.  IMO, if this is the end of the line with the Pats, he had the greatest run of success as a QB in Pro football.  He is the GOAT at the position from where I sit.  That he's done it during the salary cap era is even more remarkable.

One thing that bugs me about his departure, in the past Brady always took a bit less to keep the team intact so they could afford the players they wanted to keep.  Why jump now?  Seems like it's a cash grab which goes against his past behavior as a team 1st kind of guy.  To me, the Pats were just a few players away last year to get back to the SB.  

Tampa bay 30 million he should retire after 6th Super bowl win.  I rather Go out on top my game than on decline. He my turned be another Bret Friea

RuffChaser
2 hours ago, mccuha said:

Word is there are many players getting in touch with TB about coming to play for them.  It wouldn’t take many players with what they already have to have a shot.  I don’t follow TB but from what I read if Winston hadn’t thrown so many interceptions they would have won several more games and would have definitely made it to the playoffs.   It will be an interesting season    

If they have one. 

He passed for 5,100 or so yards, 32 touchdowns and 30 interceptions. First QB in the 30-30 club. They finished 7-9 after losing 6 or so games by 7 pts or less I believe. He had like 6 or 7 pick sixes. His turnovers resulted in like 60+ points for the opposing teams. He broke all kinds of team and NFL records but the turnovers killed the chances they had of winning.

DoubleAuto

And the new reality song for the Patriots is a slightly modified version of the Hall and Oates song "She's Gone" changed to "He's Gone".