REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
ScottGrush

Garmin Instinct LARGE font

ScottGrush

Hey what did I do? My watch switched over to this large font and I like it. How did I do it? I think my coat cuff or something bumped the right buttons in the right sequence, how do I keep it this way? 

20200325_191317433_iOS.jpg

gunsrus

Don't know Scott but I like it . Wondering how to on my Fenix also . 

Dave Erickson

I like that. 

ScottGrush
2 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Don't know Scott but I like it . Wondering how to on my Fenix also . 

My shooting glasses are single vision and this really helps the ability to read it without dipping and diving under the lenses to focus. 

Curt

I like that, if you find out how to do it please post it.

WAGinVA

I figured this out during hunting season but I am old and do not remember.  Just got my watch out and tried to figure it out but could not.  Probably the best bet is to call Garmin tech services, they are usually very helpful.  If you figure it out please post so I can get it right.

Cooter Brown

The "GPS" button at 2 o'clock switches from small to large numbers.  The "Back" or "SET" button at 4 o'clock returns it to the small numbers.  Click the buttons quickly--if you hold down the "GPS" button it starts trying to search for sats.

When you're tracking more than one dog in large number mode the buttons at 8 and 9 o'clock scroll up and down thru them.

You can lock the buttons by holding down the "CTRL" button  at 10 o'clock and rotating the choices around to the lock symbol.  Use the buttons at 8 and 9 o'clock to do this.  When you get to the lock symbol press the "GPS" button to lock the buttons. To unlock hold the "GPS" button down for a couple of seconds.

By the way, when in large number mode while tracking more than one dog, when the dog not being displayed points, the vibrate still functions and "[dog name] IS ON POINT" still pops up on the screen.

Curt

Well I have to say that this is pretty sweet.  Ever since I bought my Instinct watch I've had to put on my reading glasses to read the distance to the dog.  I was able to see the direction arrow ok, but couldn't tell what the distance was, or if the distance was in yds. or ft. without those specs.

Took one of the dogs out this afternoon for a run in cover, set the watch to the large font and what a difference.  Never had the specs out of my pocket during the 1.5 hour outing.  I felt about twenty years younger just being able to glance at the watch and know where the dog was.

Brad Eden

Coot shore is smaht.

ScottGrush
On 3/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, Brad Eden said:

Coot shore is smaht.

Yeah he is. Thanks Cooter. 

fourtrax57
On 3/26/2020 at 8:08 AM, Cooter Brown said:

The "GPS" button at 2 o'clock switches from small to large numbers.  The "Back" or "SET" button at 4 o'clock returns it to the small numbers.  Click the buttons quickly--if you hold down the "GPS" button it starts trying to search for sats.

When you're tracking more than one dog in large number mode the buttons at 8 and 9 o'clock scroll up and down thru them.

You can lock the buttons by holding down the "CTRL" button  at 10 o'clock and rotating the choices around to the lock symbol.  Use the buttons at 8 and 9 o'clock to do this.  When you get to the lock symbol press the "GPS" button to lock the buttons. To unlock hold the "GPS" button down for a couple of seconds.

By the way, when in large number mode while tracking more than one dog, when the dog not being displayed points, the vibrate still functions and "[dog name] IS ON POINT" still pops up on the screen.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, Brad Eden said:

Coot shore is smaht.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, ScottGrush said:

He certainly is!

He also is SMART on the Alpha 100!!!!!

I will have to wear the Instinct watch for a Month b4 season to refummmmiliarize myself with it

Cooter Brown
On 3/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, Brad Eden said:

Coot shore is smaht.

On 4/1/2020 at 9:03 AM, ScottGrush said:

3 hours ago, fourtrax57 said:

He certainly is!

He also is SMART on the Alpha 100!!!!!

I will have to wear the Instinct watch for a Month b4 season to refummmmiliarize myself with it

Smart has nothing to do with it.  Use the things on a near daily basis and you'll eventually accidentally push all the buttons and combinations of buttons and you'll either figure it out or smash the silly things to smithereens in frustration.

Both my Alpha and Instinct are still in one piece!

It helps to have worked with enough programmers/coders to have an idea (or at least be able to guess) about how they might think about things.

readgriff

Do the Fenix models have large font feature?

Thanks 

Wet Dog
On 3/26/2020 at 8:29 AM, ScottGrush said:

Hey what did I do? My watch switched over to this large font and I like it. How did I do it? I think my coat cuff or something bumped the right buttons in the right sequence, how do I keep it this way? 

20200325_191317433_iOS.jpg

I have to admit, I was wondering why I bothered to spend the money on the watch until I saw this post. When the dog would go on point it didn't show direction in the normal mode so I had to look at the receiver anyway. Now seeing large font mode and showing direction on point is awesome.