REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
chilly460

Jeep rehab

OldSarge

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Thanks for sharing. I have no skills like that but like that you salvaged what may have been scrap. 

ScottGrush

She will never get in/out of that jeep without getting dirty with that much tire showing outside the flat fender covering or whatever you call it.

But maybe that's the idea, it is a JEEP after all. Great work, I enjoyed following along as well. 

Don Steese

This thread was really fun!!

Rockdoc

I'm curious about the front fender modifications. BTW, the modifications look great but why do them at all? It seems as if all you're doing is allowing more mud to be thrown up on the windshield. Am I missing something or is this just a case of form over function?

And I'll say it again, the actual finished job looks very nice.

Steve

Oops! It looks as if ScottGrush has already questioned this modification.

chilly460

The motivation for the fenders was mostly aesthetic as the old ones were very rusty, and the tube style have a much more aggressive look.  This is not a daily driver so I doubt it’ll be an issue as far as flinging dirt.  I will say, in today’s money, the fenders were very cheap at $170 for the pair so it was a pretty cheap solution and added a little character to the truck.  She picked it up last night and was thrilled, that’s what matters.  

Appreciate all the comments, had fun detailing the build. 

Lurch

I've enjoyed it. Other than the motor, what's your next project?

chilly460
12 hours ago, Lurch said:

I've enjoyed it. Other than the motor, what's your next project?

Well I have the 352ci build to do as noted, and I have a lot of the parts to start a 462ci stroker motor out of a 428ci Ford that will go in the Merc.  Can't wait to do that motor, 2x4 bbl Blue Thunder intake, hydraulic roller, Molnar rods, should tickle 600hp and still be very docile for cruising in overdrive.  

I also have the 408 Windsor sitting on an engine stand, seen in pics, that I've been searching for a decent cheap F100 to throw it in.   That's also pretty stout, made 570hp on the dyno and is still streetable on pump gas, would make a neat ratrod pickup truck.  

Fire Marshal Bill

Thanks for taking us along on this project. Throughly enjoyed it. Take care.