REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
terrym

Who’s growing a beard?

shoot-straight

had mine growing since this mess started. its about 2.5 inches currently. ironically, since i cant go to the barber, i may just ask the wife to give me a crewcut for the first time. 

gaberdeen

Being an RN beards and N95 masks don’t go together well.

henryrski

TerryM you are right they don't have our sense of humor.

Brad Eden

Smart phones have cameras....

Spin1

Spinoni beard!😃

IMG_20200414_163347008_BURST001.jpg

406dn

I don't know if I'm growing a beard,,,but I'm not shaving.

I have a couple of ideas of what might prompt me to shave again. 

One thing you could not have when working in a refinery is a beard. That had to do with getting a seal for a respirator or breathing air. Way back in the day, I had a beard a time or two.

What is growing in presently is a shade or two lighter than previous beards.

824D32CD-50D6-4BDF-9AFD-357CAC5E4B64_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9e299d5220d16d49057c6b482a38bc9e.jpeg 

DD Huntress

Best I can do.

FB_IMG_1586900178348.jpg

Spin1
2 minutes ago, DD Huntress said:

Best I can do.

FB_IMG_1586900178348.jpg

👍

Tom Avent

Beard attempt 2020. Been going 3 weeks every year for 4 or 5 years and get sick of it and shave. Pretty scraggly though

beard(attempt)2020.jpg

Swampy 16

I’ll play. I needed something to keep the peanut shells from falling on the couch. To hell with this damn virus. I’m not letting it keep me from living my life. If it gets me it gets me but I’m not gonna live cooped up in the house, no how, no way. I’ve been shroomin and fishing. I haven’t shaved since September and I love it, except when a sticky recoil pad grabs it. PS, I think that’s my first selfie.

7DE52C87-BE80-4FDE-B784-B68A45C63161.thumb.jpeg.a659a3eccf1121e4ffa6c92caafe7dbd.jpeg

Snipeaholic

Being in the food business I prefer a clean shave, especially over wearing a beard net. Plus my great-great grandmammy said “don’t cultivate on your face what grows wild on your arse”. 😉

Sean K

Did the opposite. Shaved off the flavor saver. Allergy season doesn't play nice with a moostash. Sad to see the ole feller go. Needed a haircut too, so I just shaved that off as well. Now I have a generally uniform amount of scruff. Might be time to cultivate some mutton chops, though. 

spring

With my job it's generally is best to stay pretty straight-laced, but working away from the office and staying at my farm where I see almost no one, I've let my beard do it's thing. I'm almost 3 weeks in and like it; even ordered me a beard trimming gadget off of Amazon yesterday.  

For all the guys that are pros at this, should I get some of the beard oil stuff to keep it soft? 

Spin1

My son in law uses the beard oil, my daughter won't let him have it without. I have never used it.

Swampy 16

This is good stuff but I’m not sure anything will do much with only 3 weeks in. I think you need to become the guy at your company with the big beard and cowboy boots. I hate that whole corporate clean cut politicly correct crap, but I understand. My boss has made some comments recently but he’s already on thin ice so he’s not pushing the issue. Let it grow ! Tell them the virus made you a mountain man.

05C8D277-6BB4-4A0F-93FB-CDDEA5375061.jpeg