REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
terrym

Who’s growing a beard?

Birdcountry70
8 hours ago, Fin2Feather said:

Haven't had a beard since grad school.  I always think I'll try one, but when the itch starts off it comes.

The itch period only lasts a few days.

Dave in Maine

Haven't shaved it since this time in 1996.  I was working an office with a couple Jersey guys, the ones we called "Guidos" back then, who were into trying to go with that stubble-t-shirt-and-suit-jacket look popular in discos then.  I told them I told them I'd show them what a real beard looked like.  Inside of a month, they were all shaving close, acting like a bird dog that just became aware a wolf was nearby.  I'd had a beard back in the 80s after leaving the Army, persuaded by a girlfriend to shave it circa 1990 and let it go in 96.

I think it's here to stay though it's gone from dark to mostly grey.

Novicecamper

I gave myself a buzz cut with the dog clippers. 2 things my wife hates, my beard and a buzz cut. 

IMG_0395.JPG

Spin1
4 minutes ago, Novicecamper said:

I gave myself a buzz cut with the dog clippers. 2 things my wife hates, my beard and a buzz cut. 

IMG_0395.JPG

Nothing like kicking a hornets nest.😈

Wisconsin

Yesterday in the woods while cutting firewood.

BB0A5AA3-ED42-480B-8F59-4031F8EA1A94.jpeg

7D9F2270-ECCB-477B-9CC4-C2658914485C.jpeg

Fin2Feather
On 4/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, Birdcountry70 said:

The itch period only lasts a few days.

Yeah, well the CEO isn't much in favor either, so the two together...you know.

Mike da Carpenter

Didn’t shave or trim mine for a couple years not that long ago.  Quite a few funny stories to go along with it.  Wife hated it.  Now I’m shaving a couple times a week, but I’ve decided to grow my hair out.  I’ve had a military type haircut since I was 18 (US Army).  Now 48 next month, it’s time to grow it out again.  This too, torques my wife off.  You see, we also own a hair salon and if my hair, or the boys’, is out of place, she has a fit.  This is going to be a battle to keep her from letting me grow it out.

stwilgefortis

Keep mine close, but don’t think I've been clean shaven since 1975, and mostly always bearded since1973. my wife of 42 yrs has never seen me clean shaven, nor have my kids ,nor has anyone who has met me post college.still shave most mornings to keep it from creeping twd the old adams apple.cant imagine dragging those blades across my mug.welcome, fellow travelers

s.davis

Went the opposite way. Had a big red (and now a lot of white) horseshoe mustache most of my adult life. Last time I shaved was when my youngest son was born, and he’s 14 now. COVID-19 robbed me of the luxury. I have to wear an N95 mask for work, I was always comfortable before with a little iffy-ness in my seal, but decided I wanted to be able to don one quickly without worrying about the seal. Now I’m bald-lipped like a stripper. First day I sunburned my upper lip in about 30 minutes outside.... 

Brad Eden

I’ve had a beard or a goatee or a hybeard (3/4 goatee) ever since I could grow one, or since my early twenties...typically I keep it trimmed and neat, not ZZ Top material, or the stubble that seems to be the rage these days. I’ll never forget when I shaved it off for some reason and kept a mustache. My 3 year old daughter burst out in tears when she saw me. 😢😂

Lurch

I went from clean-shaven to trying to look like Brad, but my hair has me looking more like a Japanese cartoon!

A0DDAB31-7519-47D6-8800-B4223E09B480.png

04D7B26F-D1D4-4072-BC10-1B24019FD498.jpeg

BlacknTan

I've had a beard for over forty years. Now that everyone is growing beards, I just went clean shaven.

hayslope

I doubt that anyone from this site has ever seen me without a beard!  It's pretty much all white!

spring

I'm 62 and have never let mine go like I am now. I'm one month in and enjoying it; will be ready to help Santa out at this rate.  I'll probably quit working out of the office in a couple of weeks and ease back to nearer my normal routine; may have to introduce myself to my office crew then... 😁

F0Wv.gif

Mike Connally
On 4/19/2020 at 5:16 PM, Novicecamper said:

IMG_0395.JPG

Hell yeah. That’s a great look for you.