REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
terrym

Who’s growing a beard?

E.Young

I haven't shaved fully in six or seven years, but I do periodically cut it down to an inch or two long. I haven't had it wizard-level, or even covers-up-a-bowtie long in about two years, though. 

4setters

About ten years ago, a distant member of the family had a circa 1875 picture of my great, great, grandfather and wife published in the local newspaper.  He had a nice mostly white beard.  Since I had retired, hated shaving, liked to pester my nieces who hated beards, had the same first name as he did, etc., I imbibed.  "I can do that."

Those of you who keep it short; here's a little head's up.  Let it go for a few years, and you may not want to bust through too many woodcock thickets or plum thickets out west.  Even blackberry bushes (with briars) should be kept at arm's length.  Ever read about Absalom in the Bible?  Beards will hang you up too!

mearns2 (2).jpg

DD Huntress

Not a exactly a beard but all over shagginess. Last day for super fluff. We booked our appointment 3 weeks ago. Finally tomorrow is the day. Thank you covid.

20200430_160303.jpg

SODAKer

Haven't had a beard in years. I refer to it as natural oak camo. 

rzbEGrH.jpg

charlo slim
2 hours ago, SODAKer said:

Haven't had a beard in years. I refer to it as natural oak camo

Mossy oak? 🧔🏽

kgb

A friend retired from the AF a year or so before I did and a few months later he returned as a contractor.  He'd grown a goatee and mustache that came in pure white and looked great.  When I retired mine came in somewhat salt-and-pepper if not a tri-color, 14 years later still won't go all white. About a month ago I left the guard off the trimmer by mistake and went at the goatee.  😫 Just took off everything except the mustache and now letting all of it grow.  Have always gotten to a certain point and then have to trim it back to a goatee and mustache, something about the hair on the sides irritates.

steveziv

Shaved my two week old beard off yesterday morning.  The itch went away for a day then came back.  I prefer stubble.