New vehicle timing

Alaskan Swamp Collie
8 hours ago, Chief Paduke said:

Stock analysts for the auto leasing companies are expecting a glut of lease returns and falling resale prices of 10 to 20 percent. 

Wow , kind of what I thought might happen, but had no knowledge to back it up. So as this goes on(and it will) returned leased vehicles should continue to go down in price. We always pay cash, so we should be in a good negotiating place. Not in a rush, so I guess I will start looking over the next several months. Biggest problem we have immediately is that the border is closed to nonessential traffic. Wife has her sites on a Ford Expedition max with the largest towing capacity. You know, 2 400 kennels fit side by side in the back and it will haul a good sized camper. Gotta be for the dogs first.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• max2

• Alaskan Swamp Collie

• blanked

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put money down on a 2020 F150 today. They came down $8,200 off msrp, and got a good trade in according to KBB. Don’t know if the time is right or not, but didn’t want to buy new tabs next month.

Wanted to update before they changed the box dimensions. Taking the topper off our current truck, and putting it on the new one. You can see the topper right behind the new truck. Boring Oxford white,

I have had 12 white ones, not boring to me. 

Posted Images

blanked
9 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I think they do. I am MUCH more comfortable with a low mileage trade in lease than a low mileage private sale. The Lease was turned back in after the lease was up, or for a reason, where private sales with low mileage make me very leery. Leased vehicles are inspected, and go through the check rigors at the dealership before being out in the market, they are typically very clean, well maintained and serviced before being put on the market...at established dealerships. 

this surprises me.  I love private party low mileage.  Call any dealer with the VIN number and know exactly what work was done to the vehicle if any

Brad Eden
3 hours ago, blanked said:

this surprises me.  I love private party low mileage.  Call any dealer with the VIN number and know exactly what work was done to the vehicle if any

No surprise. When I am talking low mileage I am talking below 30k....which is typically what is found on lease vehicles for sale. All service records are available immediately via carfax from the dealership selling the vehicle. Anyone selling a vehicle privately with that low mileage simply makes me suspicious. 

Years ago when leases were just starting to become popular there was a contractor I knew that would lease a brand new truck every couple years . When lease was up he had people on deck to purchase the truck and it sounded like a good price. Then you had the choice of lease and at the end of lease you could turn it in or they gave you a buy out number. Win ,win for everyone -you -dealer-new buyer.

Then I can still picture kids growing up coming around the corner on two wheels in a brand new ride and when I asked them why are they treating their brand new truck/car in such a manor. With a big laugh their response was it's a lease.  

OceanRoamer

Wonder if the auto rental agencies will be selling. Can’t be much demand For rentals with air travel in the toilet.

16 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I think they do. I am MUCH more comfortable with a low mileage trade in lease than a low mileage private sale. The Lease was turned back in after the lease was up, or for a reason, where private sales with low mileage make me very leery. Leased vehicles are inspected, and go through the check rigors at the dealership before being out in the market, they are typically very clean, well maintained and serviced before being put on the market...at established dealerships. 

Agree with Brad, since the vehicles are leased and are under warranty, they almost always have the maintenance records as well.  I've done four CPOs with lease returned cars thus far, each one was still under warranty and all records available. 

Again, this is a buyers market.  If I wanted a new car right now on 4/28 I'd make a really low offer directly to the finance lead at the dealership on a new ride.  Bypass the sales department entirely.  They are desperate to move cars out of inventory.   

Alaskan Swamp Collie
1 hour ago, OceanRoamer said:

Wonder if the auto rental agencies will be selling. Can’t be much demand For rentals with air travel in the toilet.

Great thought. Might check some out locally. Doesn't look like we will have a tourist season this year. The motor home rental outfits will be in really tough shape.

Up North

Put money down on a 2020 F150 today. They came down $8,200 off msrp, and got a good trade in according to KBB. Don’t know if the time is right or not, but didn’t want to buy new tabs next month.

dogrunner
7 hours ago, Up North said:

Good choice. 

Up North

Wanted to update before they changed the box dimensions. Taking the topper off our current truck, and putting it on the new one. You can see the topper right behind the new truck. Boring Oxford white, but doesn’t show dirt nearly as bad as dark colors.

FE23AC52-C4C2-4BB9-9529-DCB86DB6CEA6.jpeg

blanked
On 4/20/2020 at 4:57 AM, Brad Eden said:

No surprise. When I am talking low mileage I am talking below 30k....which is typically what is found on lease vehicles for sale. All service records are available immediately via carfax from the dealership selling the vehicle. Anyone selling a vehicle privately with that low mileage simply makes me suspicious. 

Dont you find 30k or less lease vehicles sold from dealers  that are popular are almost as much as a new one.  Pretty darn close.   Deal breaker for me 

if your a Kia fan or similiar i would agree with you

private party i can see how the guy lives and takes care of his house which tells me alot on how he takes care of his cars IMO

dogrunner
1 hour ago, Up North said:

Wanted to update before they changed the box dimensions. Taking the topper off our current truck, and putting it on the new one. You can see the topper right behind the new truck. Boring Oxford white, but doesn’t show dirt nearly as bad as dark colors.

FE23AC52-C4C2-4BB9-9529-DCB86DB6CEA6.jpeg

I have had 12 white ones, not boring to me. 

4F73E3B7-5261-46F9-B018-DC3DFB6E958C.jpeg

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, blanked said:

Dont you find 30k or less lease vehicles sold from dealers  that are popular are almost as much as a new one.  Pretty darn close.   Deal breaker for me 

if your a Kia fan or similiar i would agree with you

private party i can see how the guy lives and takes care of his house which tells me alot on how he takes care of his cars IMO

I just checked on my local dealerships website. A 2017 Lease off Tacoma, 4 door, TRD Sport Package with 36k miles has asking pricing of $28,800. The equivalent packaged new 2020 Tacoma has an asking price of $37,800. That’s a $9000 savings. So I would say no to your question.

gunsrus

I've bought used before , Private and Dealer . I love it when the guy says well maintained and I check out the tires and see three different ones . 

I never have issues selling any car I've owned . There are usually people , that know me , lined up to buy . If it's broke , I fix it , I can't help it . 

Have I told you about the 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC with ......... 8800 miles , never seen rain .

Bought it , wife hated it , too low to the ground . It goes out for ice cream . 

IMG_0156.JPG

RookieEP
24 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

I've bought used before , Private and Dealer . I love it when the guy says well maintained and I check out the tires and see three different ones . 

I never have issues selling any car I've owned . There are usually people , that know me , lined up to buy . If it's broke , I fix it , I can't help it . 

Have I told you about the 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC with ......... 8800 miles , never seen rain .

Bought it , wife hated it , too low to the ground . It goes out for ice cream . 

IMG_0156.JPG

Add a lift kit