New vehicle timing

Mike da Carpenter
2 hours ago, dogrunner said:

I have had 12 white ones, not boring to me. 

4F73E3B7-5261-46F9-B018-DC3DFB6E958C.jpeg

my last 11 trucks, vans and SUV’s have been white

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• max2

• Alaskan Swamp Collie

• blanked

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put money down on a 2020 F150 today. They came down $8,200 off msrp, and got a good trade in according to KBB. Don’t know if the time is right or not, but didn’t want to buy new tabs next month.

Wanted to update before they changed the box dimensions. Taking the topper off our current truck, and putting it on the new one. You can see the topper right behind the new truck. Boring Oxford white,

I have had 12 white ones, not boring to me. 

Posted Images

Sharp 150, Congrats! I'm sure liking mine. 

My wife drives white cars "Doesn't show the dirt"

Mine are usually black, they "don't show the clean" except on very rare circumstances.

WI Outdoor Nut

A different perspective.  Buddy of mine is a VP for a bank.  He has a few clients in the car biz.  All of them asked for line extensions to buy USED vehicles, because the need for used will be so high.  He stated the automakers are not making new vehicles.  When we open back up, there will be a high demand for vehicles and new and used will be sold at premium prices.  I bought a truck in late January and mentioned to him I should have waited.  He said nope, your best buy was back then.  Just food for thought.....

charlo slim

Nice thing about white vehicles here in SW Oklahoma back country -- don't wash them for a week and they turn a funky sort of orange.

Pub Scout

With the snow banks here having a white car can be risky.  Only accident I have ever been in was due to being in a white car and someone didn't see us because we "blended" into the snow bank.  No one hurt, but will never buy a white car again.

4 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

He stated the automakers are not making new vehicles.  When we open back up, there will be a high demand for vehicles

Yeah!!

If the auto lines are shut down how could there not be a supply shortage?

blanked

I dont know anything about lease cars but i dont understand hiw a dealership can break a contract and refuse to take back the vehicle.  Not unless the owner is ok with it

WI Outdoor Nut
5 hours ago, Pub Scout said:

With the snow banks here having a white car can be risky.  Only accident I have ever been in was due to being in a white car and someone didn't see us because we "blended" into the snow bank.  No one hurt, but will never buy a white car again.

Was that before running lights were common?  I have thought the same thing with gray vehicles (which is my preference) in fog. 

Brad Eden

7381FC08-8A26-4A62-BC84-5A7123F8BB57.jpeg

A lease off 2018 Tundra double cab with just over 50k just dropped at the dealership I typically work with. Got an email with photo from the salesman I talked to recently. Isn’t even on their website yet. Steel gray, clean, nice, and a good 15k less than a comparable 2020. Hmmmmmm....taking SS early partly so I can afford a newer ride...but that won’t kick in for another month....I could wing it though.... 

OldSarge
11 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

A lease off 2018 Tundra double cab with just over 50k just dropped at the dealership I typically work with. Got an email with photo from the salesman I talked to recently. Isn’t even on their website yet. Steel gray, clean, nice, and a good 15k less than a comparable 2020. Hmmmmmm....taking SS early partly so I can afford a newer ride...but that won’t kick in for another month....I could wing it though.... 

YOLO. Go for it, Brad. Grow a few extra veggies in the garden and shoot an extra deer for the freezer. Go through the man cave and auction off some of the “stuff” we accumulate but never use. Can’t take it with ya. 

Alaskan Swamp Collie
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Hey it's been a rough last month. I agree with old sarge, reward yourself. After all you are saving money.

RookieEP

You would look younger thinner and sexier in that truck 

Alaskan Swamp Collie
1 hour ago, RookieEP said:

Guess that settles that!!

Dogwood
9 hours ago, RookieEP said:

Dubious.  Let's ask Joann.

14 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Brad is that $15,000 off of sticker or the price you can actually buy a new one for? I ask because in 15 I looked very hard for a similar deal. I ended up buying a "new" 14 f150 pretty much

what a wanted for $13,000 off of sticker. I was buying no trade. The deals presented to me penciled out to about  $3,000 to $3,800 off of new with 24,000- 34,000 miles.

This might just be me I seem to avoid good deals

I spent a few hours next to a big car dealer yesterday in South Dakota and I did not see one car pull in.