• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• max2

• Alaskan Swamp Collie

• blanked

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put money down on a 2020 F150 today. They came down $8,200 off msrp, and got a good trade in according to KBB. Don’t know if the time is right or not, but didn’t want to buy new tabs next month.

Wanted to update before they changed the box dimensions. Taking the topper off our current truck, and putting it on the new one. You can see the topper right behind the new truck. Boring Oxford white,

I have had 12 white ones, not boring to me. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Spray paint 🎨 

Do you think it is painted on ? I thought decals ? If it were decals a body shop should be able to peel um and buff it out .The truck is so new you would never know they were on there in the first place.  

On another subject I wouldn't  rule out new now since the shut-down may make a difference  for sure.  It doesn't cost anything to look. They claimed to give you 15 off the other one. The way I look at it typically you pay about 10,000. below retail normally so in reality they were offering 5 below regular sale price .Does carfax tell you how much the truck was originally purchased for ?

Curious .

dogrunner
5 minutes ago, max2 said:

Do you think it is painted on ? I thought decals ? If it were decals a body shop should be able to peel um and buff it out .The truck is so new you would never know they were on there in the first place.  

On another subject I wouldn't  rule out new now since the shut-down may make a difference  for sure.  It doesn't cost anything to look. They claimed to give you 15 off the other one. The way I look at it typically you pay about 10,000. below retail normally so in reality they were offering 5 below regular sale price .Does carfax tell you how much the truck was originally purchased for ?

Curious .

Decals for sure. they do the same thing with the F150. 

Brad Eden

I’m basing my calculations on the used truck asking price and the sticker price of a comparable new 2020. They want 32k for this one and a new one has a sticker price of 41k give or take. Naturally that changes with negotiations. That’s almost 10k off on this one. If I bite, Id low ball them at 25-26k. Can’t hurt since my ‘06 truck is currently running fine and I am not looking forward to a truck payment. 

RookieEP

Leather?  Bed liner?  Go low see what they will do.  All dealers hurting

blanked
On 5/1/2020 at 6:08 AM, Brad Eden said:

CFAD3577-2F0D-43E9-8B10-D37E53576D25.jpeg

Another one showed up...Lease off trade in...2018 with 35k mikes...has my eye twitching...Light negotiations with Salesman...not a fan of the graphics on rear quarter panels...not sure if thats factory or aftermarket. It’s not the off-road TRD package. I’m 62 not 30...I wonder if that crap could be removed?

I use a hair dyer and heat up my decals to peel off.   Works easy 

1 hour ago, blanked said:

l’ve also used a pressure washer to intentionally and unintentionally remove decals from both boats and cars.   I heard someplace it’s a technique used by body shops.  Might be BS, but it works.

8 hours ago, blanked said:

I think they used a heat gun (carefully) when they took my name off my old truck. The lettering was on for ten years and you could not see a hint of anything where it was . A detail shop did mine . Just thinking if you did purchase the truck you could probably tell them you like the truck but the deal breaker is the graphics. I am sure they would be gone faster then a grouse flush & it would be on them to do it.