REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
gunsrus

UJ , Good People

Sheldrake

I'm not much of an internet chat person, but feel comfortable here. Thanks Brad.

Curt

Does this mean a market pull back in prices for fine Fox shotguns now that the primary collector has shifted his interest to cast iron cookware?

Marc Ret

Generosity has a way of coming full circle, Al. Not surprising some would make it's way back to you. 

gunsrus
2 hours ago, Curt said:

Does this mean a market pull back in prices for fine Fox shotguns now that the primary collector has shifted his interest to cast iron cookware?

Now that made me laugh !

Mike Connally
7 hours ago, Curt said:

There will be a different trend. 

Al will send all of his antique cast iron off to world famous experts to be reconditioned and engraved. 

Run of the mill flat bottomed Griswolds and Wagners will have heat rings added and the most coveted markings added. 

He will soon be known as 

“castironisme”

gunsrus
1 hour ago, Mike Connally said:

There will be a different trend. 

Al will send all of his antique cast iron off to world famous experts to be reconditioned and engraved. 

Run of the mill flat bottomed Griswolds and Wagners will have heat rings added and the most coveted markings added. 

He will soon be known as 

“castironisme”

Mike , I really got a belly laugh outta that one . Thanks for making my day a little better . 

RuffChaser

to case color or not, that is the question.

Rogue Hunter

Al, your kind words are payment in full. The idea to share the skillet with you came to me while reading your posts in the cast iron thread of a few days ago. I realized it was my duty to steer "young grasshopper" onto the right path of his journey.

gunsrus
30 minutes ago, Rogue Hunter said:

Al, your kind words are payment in full. The idea to share the skillet with you came to me while reading your posts in the cast iron thread of a few days ago. I realized it was my duty to steer "young grasshopper" onto the right path of his journey.

Thank you again , Stephen . 

terc

My son is into cast iron cooking. I'm still a big fan of teflon.

RuffChaser
48 minutes ago, terc said:

My son is into cast iron cooking. I'm still a big fan of teflon.

Watch the movie Dark Waters that'll fix your affinity for Teflon.

paul frey

My mother has my grandmothers cast iron pans and dutch oven. It has to be over 100 years old. It is “seasoned” well and many good German dishes have been made in it. My mother bought one for my wife and I and gets used quite a bit ( used it the other night for venison stew) 

River19
On 4/26/2020 at 5:59 PM, gunsrus said:

On another thread I was inquiring about Griswold skillets . I know nothing and hardly cook but being quarantined like others , I'm learning . 

I got a pm from Stephen (Rogue Hunter) who happened to have an extra Griswold #6 and he would send it to me . I asked to pay and even pay shipping and he refused . It arrived yesterday and I am thrilled . I'm sure it will be the beginning of my trek into the cast iron world . 

Stephen epitomizes the UJ world that I know . I hope I can be the friend he deserves . Thank you again Stephen .

This is outstanding.

That being said, the vision and prospect of Al in the kitchen......two things come to mind.  Al, please notify the local fire dept to "gas up" just in case, second....might want to have your wife dial 9-1- and wait for your signal.......

Good luck.

Mike Connally
7 hours ago, River19 said:

This is outstanding.

That being said, the vision and prospect of Al in the kitchen......two things come to mind.  Al, please notify the local fire dept to "gas up" just in case, second....might want to have your wife dial 9-1- and wait for your signal.......

Good luck.

I’m sure the dog’s are chained up a respectable distance from the kitchen. 

The Foxes are in his truck, a hundred yards from the house. 

I think he invited Brad over for dinner tonight. 

bmeador

This is a great group of people,  I've said it from way back when. And it rings true every day, everywhere.