REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jacquidog

Where are all the ticks

grouse28

Have not seen many down here in SE PA. Not sure what to make of it. OK with me.

Rogue Hunter

There were quite a few ticks earlier (3-4 weeks ago), but now, not so many. Dry conditions may be the cause. We really need rain around here. Fire warnings in Minnesota for the last couple weeks and looks to continue into next week. The low humidity is not good for the covid-19, either.

Larry Brown
On 4/29/2020 at 9:13 AM, doodlecrazy said:

They must have all come to MN. Terrible this spring

We had a pretty good rain or two recently in North Central WI.  No shortage of ticks.

Dave in Maine

They'll show up.  Don't worry.

Brad Eden

Forgot to spray my turkey coveralls with permethrin. Was crawling around from fly down till almost noon fooling with turkeys this morning. Not a single tick found on self. Im sure they are around, but so far not nearly in the numbers expected. (Mid/Central/Coastal Maine.)

WPG Gizmo

2 days of sitting in the woods and I have not sprayed my clothes yet not a single tick to be found

WMassGriff

Yes, light so far but just wait!! Just like the blackflies.

SelbyLowndes

I sprayed my hunting clothes with permanone March 21st when our season opened.  The only tick I've seen all turkey season was one on my bare arm when I wasn't wearing my "turkey uniform"...SelbyLowndes

dogrunner
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

2 days of sitting in the woods and I have not sprayed my clothes yet not a single tick to be found

Knowing what you had I would spray all my gear. 

max2

For those that like tick's you should really consider a trip to NY I just pulled another one out of my leg. Just barely hooked but enough that I had to pull .  In all seriousness if you do come to NY be diligent .

Remo

Treated the dogs last week as the ticks are coming out with the warm weather. Ticks. $*#$@!. And in 7 weeks the days will be getting shorter. Then it snows again. )^@#(&*^.

Mike da Carpenter

Believe it or not, all of us humans in this house have found them on us in the past month, but there hasn’t been one found on the dog.

charlo slim

Where are they?  Yeah that is the question sometimes!  Particularly for those tiny little bloodsucking bastardlings that tread so lightly they are hard to detect, but oh so easy to imagine. 

08B0641D-50DD-4BC4-8A1D-FA163C648EFB.jpeg

DB1FB632-4F45-4BBA-ADBC-4EB12F346AF9.jpeg

Speaks

In the area just north of twin cities metro I have not seen one on me or the dogs yet this year which is strange. I was out less in  early April due to an injury but this stay home thing combined with no work travel balanced it out the 2nd half of the month. Most recent years ive seen far less than i did a decade ago both here and at my cabin in NW WI. It could just me switching the dogs to Soresto but I find a bunch less on me too. 

steveziv

This time last year they were bad in my wooded yard, nothing so far this year.