REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jacquidog

Where are all the ticks

charlo slim

Just the other day I thought one of those  evil little $&@€£¥’s had set up housekeeping on parts where I couldn’t see (if ya get my drift😬).  Now a mirror might have worked, but the one over the bathroom sink was much too tall.... without using a stepladder anyway - nah. 

The Boss Hen could not have seen it either, at least not from the requisite 6 feet. Besides, she didn’t really show much enthusiasm for the project🙄.

So I finally decided on the modern high tech solution for the problem. That didn’t really work out so well either, as you will note in pic below. Y’all are SOOO lucky that my very first “selfie” was a total failure!!!

670B9763-4551-4ACE-8328-53EEEA8FF470.jpeg

Wet Dog

3 on the dog and two on me last week. None this week. Got the dog a soresto collar and I spray down before we hit the fields/woods.

SelbyLowndes

I am so glad the "selfie" failed.  Tick checks used to be so much fun, but nowadays we just look for ticks...SelbyLowndes

Craig Doherty

Not really in the woods a lot right now -- but one on me and I found a dead one on the house dog the other day.  The are usually at their worst up here in lat May and June then pretty much disappear as the summer progresses. 

max2

Hands down the worst I have ever seen it in my area. Reminds me of when I lived downstate and you had to be conscious just sitting in the yard. Been checking the pup good and non on him currently . We have not been in the woods ,Just playing in the yard around the house. Can't imagine how the turkey hunters are doing. After lunch today found one crawling on my hand . Bad ! 

Swampy 16

I’ve been in the woods two or three days a week this spring, some fishing but mostly mushroom hunting and have had one early on. I use Sawyer and was hoping it was that, hopefully I’m right but then again I’ll take the lack of them also. 

Rogue Hunter

Found a regular old wood tick on the lovely Lucy the other day. Can't remember the last time that happened to her or me.

Reeba

Didn't read the entire thread, but here in N Wi. while there were some ticky areas where we were walking, the tick numbers were low until this week.  This week, lots of the traditional wood ticks, and also deer ticks mixed in.  So, we've ramped up the checking.

GeorgeE

Big time out here this year...The Vet recommenced (and I’m using) Revolution for Bella, but I’ve pulled off three ticks in the last week that we’ve been training...Had one crawling on me...May have to try the collar also...🤔