REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Payton

Tri-Tronics G2 EXP Replacement Batteries Still Available?

Payton

I took a 4-5 year hiatus with dogs, but I'm getting back into it later this year. I have a couple of old Tri-Tronics collars and one was a 2-dog Pro 500 G2 EXP. The replaceable battery for the collar (originally called their part number 1236100) was easily replaced by simply unscrewing it from the rest of the receiver and screwing on a new one. I've searched and searched, but I can't seem to find anyone selling them, but a few sites have referred to this product as "discontinued."

Does anyone know if there's a source for these batteries? 

Has anyone with a G2 successfully replaced/repaired their battery via some other means?

2 Ugly Dogs

I’ve heard Batteries+ will make a battery for you, if you have one in the area it might be worth a look. 

nutcase

Have you tried ebay or other line sources?

Ontdon

Have you tried Collar Clinic in Michigan?

Payton

I found this. He used a Dremel tool, but I got mineopen with a hacksaw (I think it likely worked better than the Dremel since the hacksaw made four straight cuts). So I've exposed the batteries, and the next step is to take it to Batteries + to see if they'll replace them. Thanks for the replies. I tried Ebay and I have an email in to the Collar Clinic but I've not heard from them yet.

snood

We have a local battery store - it's mostly car batteries but they also carry various others, and they were able to make me a custom battery pack.

Payton

I dropped it off at Batteries + Bulbs. I authorized him to get aggressive in getting out the batteries as he struggled at first. I told him it's not working now so it can't get worse. After freeing the three batteries, he proceeded to take out the mother board :o Anyway, he said that three new batteries with the "clips" that he must attach to the ends will cost $16 total (and that includes tax). 

Million dollar question (okay, the $16 question) is will it work when put back together. 

tut
On 5/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, Payton said:

I dropped it off at Batteries + Bulbs. I authorized him to get aggressive in getting out the batteries as he struggled at first. I told him it's not working now so it can't get worse. After freeing the three batteries, he proceeded to take out the mother board :o Anyway, he said that three new batteries with the "clips" that he must attach to the ends will cost $16 total (and that includes tax). 

Million dollar question (okay, the $16 question) is will it work when put back together. 

I would think as long as he ran diagnostics to make sure it had power after the fix you will be fine. Well, maybe.