REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Remo

Venturi question?

Remo

An engineering question on air suction. I have a 1" air hose running horizontal  into a T fitting and then another going out the other end, There will be a vertical hose going into the upright portion of the T fitting as a small seed drop tube. The plan is that the pressurized air moving horizontally will have a draw on the seed falling down through the vertical hose and then shoot it out horizontally. Will that work? Will I have to restrict the vertical portion of the T fitting to get suction for the seed? I do not want blow back in the vertical hose.

Zkight89

Yes it should work. You shouldn't have to restrict it unless you want variable vacuum pressure. 

We use a "vacuum box" with such a fitting to leak test welds at work all the time. 

Remo

Z, thank you a hundred times! That will save a lot of work. When I get this baby done I'll post a pic in the Conservation forum.

Zkight89
8 minutes ago, Remo said:

Z, thank you a hundred times! That will save a lot of work. When I get this baby done I'll post a pic in the Conservation forum.

I'll take a picture of one of our fitting today and send it to you. Maybe it'll help.