Sign in to follow this  
WPG Gizmo

Anyone have experience with DECKED

WPG Gizmo

DECKED Ram 1500

I am considering one of these unit for the Ram  https://decked.com/

fourtrax57

I have that exact unit.

Only complaint I have is they located the bottle opener too low down, It's basically useless as it's too close to the bed.

Drawers are plenty heavy duty. The lock cylinders have back up support underneath so locking one and having it pulled open

isn't as easy as one would think. I am sure I could do that so I don't store guns in it. Those stay in the cab. Recovery gear, tools, doggie gear,

etc etc etc are stowed i the drawer/s. Unit is easy to install. Price wasn't bad.

Is it as good & solid as a gun vault? NO. Cost wise mine was around a grand. A gun vault is several x that minimum.

If you can afford the gun vault buy that. If you want an inexpensive, functional alternative this is a decent option. Company was easy to order through

and delivery was good. Have had the unit going on three years, no issues.

bennelli-banger

Ainley in Iowa is worth checking out...I have a drawer system from them, 4 years ago...about $1300 then, I believe...solid.

Mike da Carpenter

If you have the ability I’d recommend you building your own.  Of course this only makes sense if you have a cap on the bed.

Remo
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

DECKED Ram 1500

I am considering one of these unit for the Ram  https://decked.com/

Is it dust proof?

WPG Gizmo

Yes and the drawers are waterproof the 4 pockets around the edge are not water proof will support 2000 pounds of distributed weight

Flairball

I considered putting one in my Tacoma, but they sit too high. I plan to get a cap, and the dog crates wouldn’t fit if I had that system. In the end I built a solid platform. On one side I have a large, locking Pelican case that I can easily fit 3-4 shotguns in, the other side I’ve got a long plastic tote. Works well. 

RayB

I have one and the same complaint that Flairball mentioned. I want to get rid of it .

WPG Gizmo

I considered the height which is 12 inches my bed is 22 inches deep I dont put crates in the bed so that is not a problem and I have a trailer to haul things with this is one of those things that I have to think on for awhile before I make a decision thanks for the insight 

RuffChaser
On 5/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, Mike da Carpenter said:

If you have the ability I’d recommend you building your own.  Of course this only makes sense if you have a cap on the bed.

This should probably be a side business of yours. BTW, if you need a latch source I might now a guy😀

WPG Gizmo

Mike I have no problem building my own I would have to set my shop back up that is a thought time is limited right now but could be possible

Talon1

One of my friends has one. It's a great unit. I had considered one as well as an Ainley, but decided against it.

I ended up building my own deck for my pickup. I was going to put drawers in it, but decided to use masonry tubs underneath to haul gear instead. Doesn't look as cool, but is way more functional. I can change gear out depending on the activity. Dog training, bird hunting, big game hunting, camping etc.

DoubleAuto

Taken off the DECKED site:

DECKED drawers are weatherproof, but you can still get some water in them as they don’t seal like Tupperware.  Anything that is airborne, like mist, dust, or really fine particle snow can get in the drawers – usually in small amounts.  In most cases the drawers will stay dry, but please use caution (e.g. car washes).  Also, the four ammo cans are not waterproof, but you can drill drain holes in the bottoms if you wish.

Talon1

I'd say that they are pretty well waterproof, and they do keep dust down pretty good.

jah

I bought a 2018 super duty this winter that came with the Decked system installed. I like having the storage back there but it makes the deck so high it is a pain to put things on top of it. On a lower sitting truck it would be great. Jury is still out for me.