REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Truck Colors...does it matter?

Truck Colors...does it matter?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this color?

• Yes, I like it.
    • No, I don’t like it.
    • Not my first choice but could live with it.
    • I could never live with that color.
    • I can’t see a Maine curmudgeon in a truck that color.

Brad Eden

F23B3D72-B8EC-4BBB-B374-5506AAD41F90.jpeg

This truck just became available. 2017, 46k Lease turn in, local dealership. TRD package...Toyota Certified Used Vehicle....clicks all the boxes. 

charlo slim

I’m a little bit color blind, but a nice subtle green like that should blend in nicely with the Maine foliage. 

DoubleAuto

You will never be lost in a snow pile with that color, even in Maine.

quailguy

Imho, the Maine thing is that the truck is not some dark grayish color that is similar to the color of the road.  
I could live with it, if it checks all the other boxes.  

WAGinVA
24 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

clicks all the boxes

What more can you say??

WPG Gizmo

I looked at one in the same color very nice what turned me off was the 13-17 mpg that said it is a nice truck

gunsrus

Wannabee pumpkin color ?   Nah , not for me . 

GLS

Nice truck.  Color wouldn't be an issue with me.  Price and condition are paramount to me.  Heck, my 4Runner is Barcelona red.   Has the dealer offered the Carfax report showing that shows frequency of repair and servicing?  Gil

WyomingArt

Lotta' plusses: 

Easy to find in a Walmart parking lot.

Doesn't look like every other Tundra. 

Light enough you don't have to wash it much. Much is like once a year or so. 

More people will wave at you when they recognize your truck. ( May be a negative though.) 

When you go out west to hunt, park this truck on top of a bare hill. Easier to find your way back. 

Older women might think it's a cute color.  Younger women think men our age are irrelevant anyway. 

Your true friends won't give you chit about the color after a week or two. 

Don Steese

The color of a vehicle has zero bearing on whether or not I'll buy it, except that white seems to show the dirt less. 

406dn

You're never going to find a truck that is EXACTLY what you want. If the only knock, is that the color is not your first choice,,,I'd say buy it.

Brad Eden
32 minutes ago, GLS said:

Nice truck.  Color wouldn't be an issue with me.  Price and condition are paramount to me.  Heck, my 4Runner is Barcelona red.   Has the dealer offered the Carfax report showing that shows frequency of repair and servicing?  Gil

Just came in to dealership.  A salesman I’m working with sent me the photos. It isn’t on their website yet. Price is workable. I’d check Carfax for maintenance and any accidents etc when they become available. I’m gonna stew on it since they are closed after today until Tuesday. Unless it’s snatched up today which wouldn’t surprise me.  Also looking at generally the same truck in NH with same features etc., but dark gray, 2016, 50k. A trade in. A little less pristine... big rip on side of drivers seat ( could be hidden by a seat cover). A little less clean than this one looks to be. The dealership isnt “certifying” that one because the tires are partially worn and they don’t want to put $1000 into it, which makes me suspicious. Otherwise Carfax comes up clean. I’m very picky since this will likely be my last “working” truck.

traveller2926

Form follows function.  As such color does not matter.

Just bought a 2017 Tacoma in that color.  Inferno...  I think. 

Actually I bought it sight unseen.

Got lucky.  Learned Dealer bought a 2017 Tacoma (just off lease at 57,000 miles) in late December 2019 just before the Pandemic.

I told the Salesman to tell the Sales Manager his risk was not how little they make on my deal; but, how big will the loss be if they don’t sell it soon and when it goes back to the Auction.

They thanked me when I was driving off the lot and I did not see or drive it before I bought it, 

In my view a very fair purchase...  he made/saved $ and I did not spend nearly what I had been expecting based on my recent experience with other dealers.

So, since form follows function and I saved a few thousand $$$...  color does not matter.

And, when I brought it home the first thing my wife said was you won’t lose it and it matches your hunting shirt and your Setters collars!

LIKE IT...  BUY IT don’t look back!

Best...

Lurch

it that "Pumpkin Spice Latte"?

Just kidding. you answer to you (and the missus) if it checks your boxes, why ask us?

I always buy black, which is stupid. They look good for about 10 min after washing and then look like cr@p again. 

But I can't help myself.

Dogwood

Boy the second gray truck sounds like it was beat on pretty good.  For my last truck no thanks.