REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Truck Colors...does it matter?

Truck Colors...does it matter?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this color?

• Yes, I like it.
    • No, I don’t like it.
    • Not my first choice but could live with it.
    • I could never live with that color.
    • I can’t see a Maine curmudgeon in a truck that color.

Rogue Hunter

Buying used, color shouldn't be a consideration. When driving a vehicle you don't have to look at it, anyway. Buying new, my preference in colors are silver, white, tan, in that order. I refuse to spend money three time a week for washing a vehicle.

Curt

If you were truly an old Maine curmudgeon you wouldn't give a damn what anyone else thought about the color, probably wouldn't even bother to ask.

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Color? The last time I cared about color was in1973 when I bought a Hemi orange Dodge Challenger with racing stripes. In 1975 I got married and color no longer became a choice.

GLS

I don't wash my trucks from the third weekend in March through May 15th or from December 8th until the end of February.  First period is turkey season, second stretch is bird dog seasons.  Once during turkey season I power washed the undercarriage to remove the dried mud and clay and to dislodge the mud clumps on the body.

RookieEP

Pass on the gray one.  Ridden rough and no love given.  

Forget the color go where your money goes the longest and someone given love and attention.  

Im currently against black vehicles unless a sports car driven on nice days.. just too dam hot! Plus always looking dirty.  Im not that big on weekly washes.  

terrym

I buy the deal, not the colour. Ironically my truck and wife’s SUV are both white which I find don’t show dirt much at all. Can’t remember when she would have put hers through a car wash. 

Brad Eden

I’ve had two black trucks. Beautiful when clean, but they are never clean and I now live on a town dirt road. It would be filthy. I might do a drive by on this truck tomorrow when dealership is closed to look at it. It’s so new on the lot that they haven’t put up the usual photos and Carfax on their website yet.

dukxdog

Looks like fall foliage camo to me.

max2
16 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

D33844CE-299D-489D-9ACA-41B899652C66.jpeg

E8FE7A18-B54A-4031-B8E8-DED388D7B01D.jpeg

The gray one. No running boards, indicated by the last owner sliding into drivers seat throughout the 50k miles, and wearing down the seat cover. I know a seat cover will fix it but still...

I can't believe they would put it on the lot with the seat like that . They probably will have that repaired I would think .

GLS

The worn driver's seat may indicate a lot of driver "in and out" on short trips; a lot of stop and go.  This is the worst possible wear and tear on a vehicle as opposed to the same mileage on the road as highway miles.  Gil

max2

As far as the the color in question I am one of the likes . Subaru has a similar color they offer in their car line and when ever I see it I often say to myself -I like .  It's funny or perhaps not  how we all look at things. Thats what makes us great ! 

I have offered  this before here on other similar threads as a possible solution and felt it may be helpful again ~

GLS

A absolute bargain at $99.99.  Probably won't last the 4 years advertised.  For $10 they won't paint with a broom. ;)  Gil

Remo

Blaze orange like that and the wardens will never suspect a hunting truck. Opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Spin1
19 hours ago, dgfavor said:

You might be foolin' these fellars but I'm on to your game...you outdoor industry guys...

49927243602_f30465b342_b.jpg

Nothing else needs to be said....

charlo slim

Actually the color of that truck pretty much matches the color of all vehicles that ever venture off pavement in this part of the world.  Sortof a reddish Sh**-brindle brown, same as all of the soil and much of the water hereabouts.  NTTAWWT of course.  Me like.