REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Truck Colors...does it matter?

Truck Colors...does it matter?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this color?

• Yes, I like it.
    • No, I don’t like it.
    • Not my first choice but could live with it.
    • I could never live with that color.
    • I can’t see a Maine curmudgeon in a truck that color.

Mike da Carpenter

It’s not for me (color or make) but I’m not the one spending the money on it.  If all your boxes are checked, I think you have already made up your mind.  Enjoy the new truck feeling and go enjoy your hard earned money.  After all, the whole reason we work is to spend what we make.

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, max2 said:

I can't believe they would put it on the lot with the seat like that . They probably will have that repaired I would think .

Nope. They aren’t “Toyota Used Car Certifying” it either. Something about having to put all new tires on it that would boost the price. I’m pretty much over that Gray one. 

Brad Eden

I thought this would be a fun Poll, and it has been. I was unaware my manhood and curmudgeonosity would be questioned though. You guys never disappoint...🥱😆

charlo slim
1 hour ago, Spin1 said:

Nothing else needs to be said....

Oh yes there is -- what's with the "B-rad" thing?  Is that just a random misprint or is there something more sinister to it?  Maybe something else we can use to needle him mercilessly??  Curious minds need to know these things.

Brad Eden
Just now, charlo slim said:

Oh yes there is -- what's with the "B-rad" thing?  Is that just a random misprint or is there something more sinister to it?  Maybe something else we can use to needle him mercilessly??  Curious minds need to know these things.

Needle away. I coined that myself, I think, can’t really remember.

Dogwood

Such drama.  

When and whatever you decide will white smoke come out of your chimney or what exactly?

DTB

Nothing wrong with that color.

Bonus I assume it is less likely to be shot than some other UJ trucks in recent history.

GLS
2 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Such drama.  

When and whatever you decide will white smoke come out of your chimney or what exactly?

No, that would be a blown head gasket and coolant vaporizing.  

P.U. (Pope, Upland)

DoubleAuto

The more I look at the picture of the truck the more I like the color.  Enjoy your "new to you" truck.

bennelli-banger
On May 23, 2020 at 8:53 AM, Brad Eden said:

F23B3D72-B8EC-4BBB-B374-5506AAD41F90.jpeg

This truck just became available. 2017, 46k Lease turn in, local dealership. TRD package...Toyota Certified Used Vehicle....clicks all the boxes. 

I like it...mainly because the truck is a good deal, certified, etc...but I actually like that color...good rig!!!!

bennelli-banger
On May 24, 2020 at 9:34 AM, Brad Eden said:

I thought this would be a fun Poll, and it has been. I was unaware my manhood and curmudgeonosity would be questioned though. You guys never disappoint...🥱😆

good time to buy...late in the month....plus, with all that has been going on, probably not a lot of sales lately...they may take a lowball offer...

Brad Eden

0D135E6E-5784-47FD-B476-1C24052420AB.jpeg

Did a drive by and saw it in the flesh today with JoAnn (and Luna...Cash doesn’t like to be in vehicles unless we are going bird hunting) when dealership was closed. It’s a beautiful rig and appears new in the box. The color isn’t as intense in person...honest...More of an autumn orange. Still flashy for a gray or dull green kind of guy. They are asking the top end of the blue book value for a certified used truck and I can see why. It’s almost show truck in appearance compared to the other new Tundras on the lot. Will take some real finagling to make the numbers work if I jump on it.

terrym

These aren’t good times at all for car dealers. I realize Toyota’s basically sell themselves and the salesmen are just providing test drives. I guess what I’m saying is you won’t get better pricing as the economy fires back up. 

bennelli-banger

Make your first offer $1500-2000 below what you can pay for the rig; go up $500-1000  after that, then come in at your final $ on the 3rd go around.  Can’t hurt...I bought a 2017 Rav 4 on 1/10/20; certified; they knocked $100 off ask price.  They really didn’t dicker, which is what they claimed, didn’t believe.  But we are in different times...good luck!!!!👍🤩

PaFlyfisher

Brad, I’d buy a pristine truck in an odd color (exception being yellow!) any day over a grey or otherwise more preferred color that was less scrupulously maintained. Also, the orange is sort of cool. 

Thought experiment, look at your current tundra. Not the color it WAS but the color it IS. I bet it is not what it once was and is less attractive than the orange tundra you are considering. I’ll also bet the color

of the current rig doesn’t even enter your mind...

orange one is sweet!