Fenix 6 X Sapphire

I just bought a Fenix 6X Sapphire and really like the watch.

I have a Astro 320 with a DC 50 collar I was able to pair up with my Fenix 6X.

This is the problem I have is I wasn’t able to enlarge the Font /Direction Arrow.

Unable to solve the issue with Garmin at this time they were going to look into this issue and get back with me.

Has anyone here on this able to increase there font / direction arrow size on there Fenix 6x?

Thanks

Dave Read

OH Grouser

I'm running the same Astro 320, but with a Fenix 5X watch. If you're using the standard Garmin dog track widget...when the Fenix first syncs up with the Astro, it shows the small font/ direction arrow. Try pushing the button at 2 o'clock - that's what changes mine to the large font / direction arrow. I'm assuming the 6X functions the same, but don't know for certain.

It's been mentioned on here before, but I also turn on the 'lock keys' function after this is done to keep the watch in that display format.

Roger 

OH Grouser

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you do with your Fenix5 and this does not work on the 6X.

When I press the 2 o’clock button the watch gives you a pro mode, compass mode and settings none  that will enlarge the font and direction arrow.

I hoping that someone will create a widget to fix this problem and or Garmin figures out what can be done.

I know that this font enlarger for direction Arrow and Distance is on the Fenix 3 and 5 and the new Instinct.

Hope we can resolve this on the Fenix6X

Thanks 

Dave Read

This what I have found out.

Short story 

I have been troubleshooting this issue with a employee from Gun Dog Supply and he turned it over to the owner Steve Snell.

Steve agreed that there was a problem and said he was going to contact Garmin engineering which he did.

Steve said he will contact me again when he here’s back from Garmin when they have this issue fixed.

I cannot say enough good things about Gun Dog Supply his employees and Steve Snell.

Thanks 

Dave Read

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OH Grouser 

I just tried that 2 o’clock button and a menu comes up pro,compass,settings none will make the Font and direction arrow larger. Thanks for the info 

I think it may be a 6X issue😞

Steve gave me a update from Garmin  they have figured out the issue and are going to apply the Software fix soon. 

• 1 month later...

And just in time for hunting season too!

Steve would have been my go to person also...I was an early adapter of the Astro 220, but had a lot of questions and reservations about dropping that much money on unproven technology. Steve took time to call me back, answered my questions and convinced me to give it a try. A good guy and good company to deal with.

Roger