2020 Catskill Food Plan

Well, since Bob will be unable to attend this year, I think that we should begin organizing what we will need by the day and who will be bring what.

As I see it, as in the past we will need paper goods, plastic utensils, condiments(mustard/katchup/ etc.), ice, bottled water, grill and grill utensils.  If the grill is a charcoal grill then charcoal will be necessary.  All of this will be needed under the pavilion.

We will also need to cover food for lunch and dinner on Friday and lunch and dinner on Saturday.  I just called the Pheasantry and they will provide breakfast each day as usual.

Lunch Friday - Jane and I will cook hotdogs and hamburgers.  We will also bring the hotdog and hamburger rolls.  Can someone bring potato salad and or macaroni salad to go with them?

Dinner Friday - Jane will also make pulled pork and bring the rolls to go with them.  She will also make a pasta shrimp salad and a cabbage salad for dinner on Friday.  We will need others to        

jump in and help with dinner on Friday.

Lunch Saturday - With Al not attending, we will need others to cover lunch on Saturday.

Dinner Saturday - We will need several others to cover.

I think that just about covers it.  If anyone can think of anything else please jump in.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swampy 16

• Grifish

• jpari

• delahunter834

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peach pies prepared 

Amazing that you can't find blueberries in NJ!  I find blueberries in the grocery store in Maine.......from Jersey! In another week or two, we will be picking wild blueberries up there!

Posted Images

delahunter834

Let's not forget about Thursday nite . Polecat always took care of that.

17 minutes ago, delahunter834 said:

Jane and I will not be arriving until Friday morning, so, I hope that someone will take on the the menu for Thursday night.  Dickey, will you be bringing your crab dishes? If so, do you think that you can cook them up for Saturday night?

delahunter834
1 hour ago, delahunter834 said:

Let me know who is in for Thursday nite ,we'll put something together

Cindy and Bill will be grilling Brats for lunch on Saturday.  Can some folks bring buns for the brats and maybe some side dishes for this lunch?  At this point, I have no idea of the # of people that plan on attending, but, I am hoping for at least 25.

delahunter834
2 hours ago, jpari said:

Jane and I will not be arriving until Friday morning, so, I hope that someone will take on the the menu for Thursday night.  Dickey, will you be bringing your crab dishes? If so, do you think that you can cook them up for Saturday night?

There will be crab cakes and calms Saturday nite.

12 minutes ago, delahunter834 said:

There will be crab cakes and calms Saturday nite.

Outstanding!  Thank you.

So far we’ll be bringing: peach pies, a bucket of chili and condiments. We can buy breads, rolls and such. Figured the chili can “fit” wherever needed. Also thinking about shrimp tacos again. Maybe chicken Marbella.

7 hours ago, delahunter834 said:

Let me know who is in for Thursday nite ,we'll put something together

I’ll be there Thursday, all day. I’m hoping the sweet corn is ready by then. I’ll bring a sack. I’ll get some plastic utensils, plates, bowls, and paper towels.

Last year I brought a giant offshore cooler full of ice. Not sure if I can do that this year. I got it at church. Not sure they’ll let me in at this point LOL. I also may not even have room for it. I’ll bring it if I can.

Just now, Zoli 16ga. said:

Hayslope....you showing up with your amazing giant shrimps? 

I just sent him a pm to find out.  He has been very quiet.  Also, Gary and Dennis.

As long as the smoker man can get them, yes, I'll bring shrimp. He doesn't answer his phone so I just call him and tell him how many and on what day!

• 4 weeks later...

I’m bringing a large bowl of my wife’s macaroni salad, hopefully a big tub of blueberries. Anything else anyone can think of? I’ll grab it today. I’m sure there’s more we need and don’t wanna just bring macaroni salad. I’ll bring s few rolls of paper towels also.