Fess up, be honest, share your phone screen saver.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• Zoli 16ga.

• Spin1

• rudyc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandson   

It’s been my background for almost 6 years now.  Had no idea he even did it.  Went in to an open house at school on the wall was this.  Cropped a bit but it says “my hero”. “My dad is a hero because h

Posted Images

4 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

Reminds me of the time years ago I found a wallet in a work van. I had to go through it to see who’s it was. In those days before cell phones, you shouldn’t carry naked pics of your wife around, not much security there. I just smiled as I handled it back to him. 

Well.....it ain't that racy! 

Longbows👍

12 minutes ago, rudyc said:

Chasing roosters with my two best friends.

r2.JPG

2 hours ago, rudyc said:

Chasing roosters with my two best friends.

r2.JPG

Seriously? I can barely hit them with shotguns and you’re shooting them with longbows? 

You’re making me feel bad. I need another drink. 

It can be done, not often, but it happens enough times to keep us doing it!!!

IMG_2831 (4).jpg

IMG_2834 (2).jpg

I had a roommate in college, Billy Baker from central Illinois. Billy was an incredible shot with a recurve bow. When he shot targets he'd bunch the arrows so close that to keep from damaging shafts he'd never shoot more than three arrows at the same spot. We went rat hunting one night at the local garbage dump, he duct-taped a flashlight to his arm and got ten rats with ten shots. Then he ran out of arrows. He'd bought a bunch of cheap target arrows and his 65lb recurve bow would end up busting the arrow when it's go through the rat into junk on the ground. I never saw Billy shoot pheasants with a bow but I'm absolutely certain that if we'd gone hunting together he would've been more productive with his bow than I would've been with a shotgun!

Steve

MTPipeliner

When you shoot them with a bow, does the arrow have a broad head or other type of sharp point on it?  Is it dangerous for your dog retrieve to them with the arrow stuck in the bird? 

Only use field tips or Judo points because of the problem a dog will have with a broadhead. Also, we do loose some arrows and don't want a dog or other hunter stepping on one. We hunt at a local Hunt Club that is closed on Mondays and the owner gives us the run of the place.

Here's an article about one of the hunts.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-smith/2019/03/23/traditional-archery-gear-adds-challenge-and-fun-pheasant-hunt/3134815002/

Virgil Kane
53 minutes ago, rudyc said:

Only use field tips or Judo points because of the problem a dog will have with a broadhead. Also, we do loose some arrows and don't want a dog or other hunter stepping on one. We hunt at a local Hunt Club that is closed on Mondays and the owner gives us the run of the place.

What weight bows do you use. 

Virgil

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread. 

Slowpokebill

here is mine. It is my best friend, the love of my life, my partner and companion for the passed 40 years, Wanda. I took this last August while hiking. 

170801827.duj2Vjis.wanda817.jpg