REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×

Jack L

My wife finally decided to replace her 2001 Town and Country Van .

She picked a 2020 Honda CR-V EX.

C9609705-E7AB-49F0-B943-9479BCFE4F4C.thumb.jpeg.fc25738567a100e9525f33e1b8056529.jpeg

Happy wife, happy life. 

blanked

Yep. She looks happy

Fins and Feathers

Great looking ride.  Really like the color.  Just looked at that same vehicle today on the lot. But think my wife is going with the HR-V.   Unfortunately the HR-V isn’t available in that color.   

NJ_Springer

Nice. good luck with it. Wifie looks happy that’s the Important part

Jalinkly

Lots of Hondas in our family. Great vehicles.  If they made a “Real truck”, I’d hafta give it a try. 

bigjohnsd
On 6/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, Jalinkly said:

Lots of Hondas in our family. Great vehicles.  If they made a “Real truck”, I’d hafta give it a try. 

They do, I'm on my third Ridgeline and boy does it irritate the Ford/Chevy/Dodge Diesel guys when I have to pull their stuck-in-the-mud 4x4's out of a mudhole on a two-track during hunting season.  JSNS

WI Outdoor Nut
10 hours ago, bigjohnsd said:

They do, I'm on my third Ridgeline and boy does it irritate the Ford/Chevy/Dodge Diesel guys when I have to pull their stuck-in-the-mud 4x4's out of a mudhole on a two-track during hunting season.  JSNS

Don't have a dog in this fight, but they don't make a truck with any kind of serious towing capacity, and for me and a lot of other folks, that is a very key attribute in a "real truck".  Did a quick look, and towing capacity was given at 3500-5000#'s.  I think my current 1/2 ton truck (Ford F150) can tow up 11,500#'s.  I know I have a trailer hooked up about 1/2 the time to my truck, with two of my loads north of 6000#'s.  I own a honda pilot, which I believe the ridgeline is based off of.  Great SUV, but not a replacement of a full sized truck for those who need true truck capacities.  I will say, the honda pilot has been great in the snow and I am sure would be in the mud as well, with height restrictions. 

RookieEP
3 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Don't have a dog in this fight, but they don't make a truck with any kind of serious towing capacity, and for me and a lot of other folks, that is a very key attribute in a "real truck".  Did a quick look, and towing capacity was given at 3500-5000#'s.  I think my current 1/2 ton truck (Ford F150) can tow up 11,500#'s.  I know I have a trailer hooked up about 1/2 the time to my truck, with two of my loads north of 6000#'s.  I own a honda pilot, which I believe the ridgeline is based off of.  Great SUV, but not a replacement of a full sized truck for those who need true truck capacities.  I will say, the honda pilot has been great in the snow and I am sure would be in the mud as well, with height restrictions. 

I get what you’re saying but that is not the purpose of the ridgeline.  It’s still a truck just a light to moderate version and very functional.  A bull mastiff is a dog just like a cocker spaniel 

Felix

My wife got one too.  When I drive it I don't know how to operate half of the gadgets.  Assisted cruise control, lane control assist, lane warnings, blind spot warnings, cross traffic warnings when backing up, warnings when approaching a slow or stopped vehicle, linking into your phone so everything goes to the touch screen, auto lock and unlocking your doors   The wife is a techy and likes all the options but  I could live without them.  Except that assisted cruise control, that is the bomb.

blanked
15 hours ago, bigjohnsd said:

i hope your joking

WI Outdoor Nut
2 hours ago, Felix said:

Except that assisted cruise control, that is the bomb.

Unless you fall into la la land like I did the first time using it on a rental.  Hit cruise control and sat in the right lane.  Never did notice that the 70 mph cruise I set up was actually doing 62 behind a semi.  I got that magical distance behind the vehicle and it just slowed down.  I don't know how many miles I went before I realized that the cushion it needs not slow down is more than what I am use to.  Maybe that is a note for me, to move over sooner when passing?

Felix
25 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Unless you fall into la la land like I did the first time using it on a rental.  Hit cruise control and sat in the right lane.  Never did notice that the 70 mph cruise I set up was actually doing 62 behind a semi.  I got that magical distance behind the vehicle and it just slowed down.  I don't know how many miles I went before I realized that the cushion it needs not slow down is more than what I am use to.  Maybe that is a note for me, to move over sooner when passing?

Yep.  I did that too the first time and maybe the second but I think I learned.

WPG Gizmo

She will like the CRV we have 2 in the family and they are both great rides

terrym

My wife has one.  Great vehicle. Not designed to tow or bushwhack but she doesn’t do that. 

dogrunner
On 6/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, Jalinkly said:

Well they still don't, which kinda surprises me after all these years.