REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
gwponr

a good rant

gwponr

acquired this today from a friend who needs to get rid of a bunch of equipment due to losing his yard   

runs great and the price was right 3k

61818051768__4824797F-47B9-4852-BFC3-C41AE037B439.JPG

gwponr

So I posted after 3+weeks without internet, seems I skipped over a few things.

Above the cabin about 80 yards is an old 70's motorhome with an awning built around it that is where the caretakers lived. The owner says to me  "oh I got this really nice older lady with MS and her son who isn't all there, he's got the mentality of about a 14 yr old that live here to watch over the place for me" He paid they're power, phone plus brought them food all the time, really looked out for them. Bought them a motorhome in order for them to move when the place sold, not to mention he was going to let them stay in an industrial park that he owned so they had power and water until they could find a place. While the property was in escrow I went out there a few times to check everything out. During one of the inspections I met the caretakers and oh man what a pair they were. They spent about 20 minutes trying to convince me to let them stay, with tears and all, I didn't say much. First thing after leaving I make a call to the owner "how in the hell as a retired cop do you not see TWEEKERS(meth heads)??  Dude they got to be gone when I take possession of this place or the deal is off". 

So the day escrow is supposed to close he is supposed to be helping the tweeters move. I get the around 11 and go up to where they are staying and they tell me straight up they aint leaving "we looked online and with coronavirus if our landlord tells us to move we tell them no way". I call my realtor and tell her to hold closing, a couple hours later the seller shows up gives them each some cash to leave, Helps them pack the motorhome and the trailer he also gave them. Drove them down to his industrial park and dropped off the trailer showed them where they could stay and then took them to a motel. After they were gone I let closing go through and that was that. He put them up in above average hotel room for two nights, and they repay him by stealing the television out of the hotel and disappearing. They literally took the mini bar and the fridge and put them on the table presumably to hide that the TV was missing.  

That was a Friday, on Wednesday I just happen to hike up to where I took the pic with the great view and here they come. They try to get in the main gate but I have bypassed they're lock, so the go to the other gate that didn't lock until I put a chain on it. They've been camped down the road a couple miles ever since until this week they finally seem to be gone. 

gwponr

I walked a ways up the stream until i could get through the poison oak without brushing my short sleeved arms in it and it is mostly dried up. Except for about 70 foot below the house we a trickle seems to come out of the rocks and flow a little ways. Been seeing and herring the quail, I will find some water pans to put out for them above where the stream has dried. Seeing a couple deer tracks but no deer and I haven't seen or heard any turkey. I do have a pair of owls that are really cool and some tiny bats not much bigger than a large butterfly that come out and hunt flying insects by the big light out front. No that the dogs have had both rounds of snake vaccine I been running them a bit more but even at 6pm 40 minutes and they are pretty well done. Lots of blackberry bushes but also a lot of poison oak coming up around intermingled make picking a careful operation. I am really enjoying living pout here.

gwponr

In the 20's and 30's this canyon I am in was known as Maggies bedroom ashore many years it was a brothel for all the cowboys in the area. I was talking to my brother and I joked that I was disappointed I hadn't seen any ghosts of hookers past. We laughed about it and then the next week these started popping up.

61852650864__AB5F4C0F-0615-4401-A86D-32FB4AA934F8.JPG

gwponr

Just these stems tat come up out of the dry ground and produced these long lasting pink orchid like flowers.

I send a pick to the guy I bought the property from and he says they come up twice a year and were planted back by the ladies that worked there 90-100 years ago. Said they are called naked ladies(I haven't looked that up yet) so there you go the ghosts of hookers past.

61852657381__C54CD08D-324D-401F-99A5-DE188525B127.JPG

gwponr

before they bloomed

61800852179__CE7E6BCD-283C-47B0-B132-00C2274C987E.JPG

gwponr

ts got a nice big deck to hangout on, there is more to the right of the camera where I have my BBQ set up. I just need to put down some outdoor carpeting and it will look pretty clean

61777937174__24C03F8C-118A-44F7-B288-1D15364223CA.JPG

gwponr

the creek east of the house has dried up, so I made a quick make shift water station for the quail.

D6dVSJceTfun8DBGfTCYgA.jpg

gwponr

I put a 2x10 into the tank at an angle so the y could walk down to the water similar to what Ive seen in stock tanks in the southwest.

It was set up for three days and I came home from work a bit before dark and as I drove in a covey was all around the tank using it and just fluttered into the bushes 10 yards above when I drove by.  It seems to be doing the job, I will make a better platform for them to stand on an walk down to the water in the near future. Maybe a piece of plywood screwed to the 2x10 with a block at the bottom to lessen the angle they have to walk down and a flat spot for them to stand on while waiting they're turn

aBVxxjpmSwqoRCVSqyqEcg.jpg

blanked

Doesnt sound like your married

gwponr
15 minutes ago, blanked said:

Doesnt sound like your married

Why would I want to do that??   MGTOW forever 🤪

ESetterSage

Good for you.. you get to do what you want. Lol. But true

SelbyLowndes

This is an interesting thread.  The "naked lady" flowers and the past use of the property are perfect.  Meth-heads will go away, but probably not before they damage something.  Don't shoot'em, they got rights...SelbyLowndes