REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Beardless Gandalf

Nissan Titan

Beardless Gandalf

Anyone have any direct or at least second hand experience with Nissan Titans? Pricing them out you seem to get more truck for the money. But perhaps there are reasons for that...

Particularly 2017 and newer 

2 Ugly Dogs

My in-laws got one when they moved to AZ 2 years ago. They seem to like it, no complaints from them. 

Swampy 16

We almost replaced my wife’s Sierra with an 18’ or 19’ with the off road package. They seem like one hell of a truck for the money. I see a lot of the older ones around. I’ve had two buddies that had the older version and absolutely loved them.

Tim Frazier

My SIL to be has an older one, it blew me away how much wood it held the other day!  An the leather seats are to die for.

Brad Eden

I’m a Toyota guy, everyone knows that. But have looked at late model Titans. The main competitor to the Titan is of course the Tundra. Here’s a short video comparing the two. I don’t think the website has any affiliation with either brand and these are top end models. Some interesting differences.

Swampy 16
10 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I’m a Toyota guy, everyone knows that. But have looked at late model Titans. The main competitor to the Titan is of course the Tundra. Here’s a short video comparing the two. I don’t think the website has any affiliation with either brand and these are top end models. Some interesting differences.

Well that settles that.

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, Swampy 16 said:

Well that settles that.

I hope I’m not being provocative or “breed....brand”  blind....😬

Swampy 16
17 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I hope I’m not being provocative or “breed....brand”  blind....😬

Not at all. That’s a great bit of info. My only complaint with the Tundra is the fuel economy. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge all kill it in real world economy.

WI Outdoor Nut

Due to my extensive travel, I rent vehicles a lot.  And with that, I have excellent status with my rental car company.  I will always rent a truck when I can, and have rented the Titan many times.  Overall, have been impressed with it.  Plenty of power, smooth for a truck and easy to navigate interior.  If your in the truck market, look at it closely.

I will say however, I was burned by a Nissan SUV and vowed never to buy one again.  Had a Murano and the alternator went out at 65,000 miles.  That in itself wasn't a huge deal.  But when it went out, also took out the battery.  Then to get to the alternator, I had to pull to motor mounts to "lift" the motor up to get access.  This was no longer a job I could do on my own as I don't have a cherry picker.  Had to bring it in and the bill between everything was over $1000.  So what should have been a $150 job was way over due to some idiot engineering.  Always keep that in the back of my mind when looking at Nissans. 

aje4

A friend of mine has a newer Titan with the diesel.  He has more than 60K trouble free miles and absolutely loves the truck.  I will be considering them when I’m ready for my next truck....

mhadley

I had a 2016 XD with the Cummins for three years. Nice truck, like you said lots of bang for the buck. Not one issue or complaint with the truck. I typically keep vehicles till they’re done but I moved on from the truck because they moved away from offering the 5.0 Cummins. My fear was needing service a few years from now and tech’s or parts being difficult to find. 

Skybuster

60 g's? No thanks. I'll keep my F150 for another 100k miles. I'ts paid for.