REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jacquidog

Nissan Frontier Frame Rusted

Jacquidog

I have a 2012 Frontier PRO 4 with 86000 miles that has been bullet proof until now.  Failed inspection because of frame rust.  Rear spring bracket hanging by a thread.  I know Yota had rust issues but had not heard much about Nissans.  Absolutely no rust showing on the body. Never towed a boat so not due to salt water.  Nissan says it's out of warrantee.  Is mine a rarity or have others had problems?  I guess I will be looking at a new Ranger or Canyon., leaning toward the Ranger.  Inventory now is low because of the shutdowns, deals not so good either.

Brad Eden

Never heard of any chronic rust issues on Frontiers. Certainly Yotas have known frame rust issues, that have been addressed and mitigated for a good amount of their trucks. I’ve had manufacturer recall work done on a couple of my toyota trucks, But truth is all truck brands in the northeast have frame rust issues. My mechanic has a three bay/three lift shop. One for bigger rigs, one for everyday work, and one that is basically dedicated to frame issues. He uses that bay and lift to repair frames, undercoat and generally try to get trucks viable for inspection.  (He’s welded a section of my frame) there is always a truck up the the air and it’s typically a Ford, Dodge, GMC, or Chevy. Mainly because I live in Rural domestic truck central. No truck completely escapes northeast salt.

airmedic1

Wow, that is bad news!  Mine is a 2007, I will crawl under it next week to see if there is any rust on my frame.