REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
idcut

Kayak First time out

brushbuster

D026D574-B8A7-45B4-90F4-3D5CFD46770E.jpeg

versdog

Brushbuster I have the Nucanoe F12. I bought it specifically for duck hunting with my dog.  As soon as he figured out he was not allowed to run laps around the kayak it was really good. You can get back in from waist-deep water. I can take the seat out and lie down in it and use it as a floating layout blind.  The wife and I take it for short paddles and fishing. I dont think it would be great for a long paddling trip.

jeff88
On 7/16/2020 at 4:55 AM, Millriver said:

Stay away from the double kayaks. They call those “divorce boats”😂

...and tandem bikes.  Many a couple who thought they would enjoy riding the local MS 150 on tandems DID NOT!  We may get a pair of kayaks in the fall, will be doing research into a boat that could double as a fishing 'yak.

Millriver
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

...and tandem bikes.  Many a couple who thought they would enjoy riding the local MS 150 on tandems DID NOT!  We may get a pair of kayaks in the fall, will be doing research into a boat that could double as a fishing 'yak.

WS Pungos can do it all, a joy to paddle with a comfy seat to boot.

jeff88
6 hours ago, Millriver said:

WS Pungos can do it all, a joy to paddle with a comfy seat to boot.

The comfy seat, #1 req.

Spin
On 7/30/2020 at 4:47 PM, Becassier said:

It lacks many features you would need and/or really like. Seats are a real biggie, rod holders, bungies arranged to secure paddles lengthwise on either side, etc.

Good design, very good weight capacity, but way too stripped down for my needs.

Go with a single paddler if you can. A buddy has this Pelican sit on and as a fishing Yak and for the price it is outstanding.  link; https://www.westmarine.com/buy/pelican--the-catch-100-sit-on-top-angler-kayak--18533067?cm_mmc=PS-_-Google-_-GSC>NonB>Vendors-_-18533067&product_id=18533067&creative=108421555684&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpZT5BRCdARIsAGEX0zk_5GWaEjFooHYZRePACOjLut3oWcoP9j3Qfe78ibILkMVllKvHCVQaApu9EALw_wcB

Very  stable, cargo area, capacity, Great Seat, frankly I wish I had bought this Kayak. My Emotion Stealth 10 is a better paddler and very well constructed but it was already a successful recreational paddling model. Emotion simply retrofitted it for fishing. Inherently the seating is too low and canted backwards making getting on and off difficult and while nice when you are 

paddling respectable distances or on rougher waters. However the Pelican on the link provided is much more comfortable. Easy enough to stand on in too and like my Emotion it's made from a superior material. If you are looking for a shorter more transportable and lighter weight Kayak under $700.00 IMO this is the best you can get.

Recoil Rob
On 7/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, mshowman said:

With the exception of walking, I kayak more than any other activity. I paddle to exercise, fish, explore, scallop, and sometimes just to anchor on a sandbar so I can have a cigar and beer in a peaceful setting. 

0ED835F8-68EC-4E67-87B5-913A2AACE87D.jpeg

5E4070B5-FDA9-4DF6-81C2-61994E2F63D1.jpeg

B087C4A6-9906-4077-A823-37481847841E.jpeg

How those Ohio bluefish eat?  😄

Recoil Rob

The epitome of double kayaks is the Klepper Aerius II, folds up into 2 bags and stable enough to be used by SEALS.....mine still caused many an argument with the significant other, no more.

Klepper_vouwkano.jpg

mshowman
On 8/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, Recoil Rob said:

How those Ohio bluefish eat?  😄

They’re more oily than Ohio redfish. 😉

Clueless1

Found a picture of my "normal pose" while kayaking 😁

IMG_0330.JPG