Trimming scissors

Rogue Hunter

What does everyone use for trimming the hair from between the pads of your dogs? Scissors or clippers? I bought a $12 pair of scissors with the rounded tips from the pet dept. and they were junk...a little hair and the blades separate. Do I need scissors with those rounded tips, or should I buy a pair from the sewing or office sections? Or, should I just use the clippers? Looking at Chewy, a person can spend big money on scissors, but is that necessary?

I don’t do it often ( alot

of snow between their toes) but I use a pair of utility scissors my wife keeps around the house for art projects. Orange handles. Pointy ends.

My friend who is a groomer showed me how she trims feet.  She has the dog standing on a table, and sweeps her finger upwards between two of the dog's toes to push the hair so it stands up above the top of the foot.  Then she takes long curved scissors and trims that hair even with the topline of the toes and the foot.  She also trims any hair that splays out from the foot while the dog is standing.  Then she bends the foot so the sole is upwards, and trims any long hair that is visible between the toes.  Easy and no clippers used.  Any grooming supply will have reasonably priced curved scissors.  

chris Christensen is a decent brand.

when my wife isn’t looking, I’ll dig in there with the electric clippers.  

On 7/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, marysburg said:

My friend who is a groomer showed me how she trims feet.  She has the dog standing on a table, and sweeps her finger upwards between two of the dog's toes to push the hair so it stands up above the top of the foot.  Then she takes long curved scissors and trims that hair even with the topline of the toes and the foot.  She also trims any hair that splays out from the foot while the dog is standing.  Then she bends the foot so the sole is upwards, and trims any long hair that is visible between the toes.  Easy and no clippers used.  Any grooming supply will have reasonably priced curved scissors.  

That was my setter and Britt MO (Chessies don't need it), and I always used the same Fiskers scissors we used for most everything else from cutting paper to dressing birds.