REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
UplandHntr

TouRig Vans

UplandHntr

I saw one of these in the Woodmans Appleton parking lot today. What kind of beast is this? Ive never heard of it. 5 seconds after I took this pic a long blonde haired girl climbed out. Was just a bit embarrassing.

TouRig

E6CADC58-018C-43FD-9793-E370D8426AD9.jpeg

max2

WPG Gizmo

There are a few places that build upon the Mercedes body you can get them in 4 wheel drive this is one place that has them https://overlandex.com/sprinter-vans when I hit the lottery I will get one 🤣

chilly460

When I was looking for my pop-up, stumbled on a lot of those "overlander" rigs.  I see them more often when traveling out West, pretty cool concept, and some pretty cool gadgets they've come up with (swing out grill on the rear bumper comes to mind).  All sorts of YouTube channels dedicated to the lifestyle.  

Flush

Those types of rigs are very common out here, apparently not so popular east.

They are pretty cool but in general are very pricey.

CptSydor

#vanlife

Converting Mercedes Sprinter, Ram Promaster and Ford Transit vans into RV's is major thing right now, especially in the younger, outdoor enthusiast realm.

I live in a mountain biking and skiing resort town and you'll see them coming through constantly, especially in summer.  I know 15+ people now that have or are in the process of converting their own. They are very popular with mountain bikers (my main passion), as they afford secure storage of bikes, plus easy access to most trail heads and the ability to camp free virtually anywhere.

These guys have a great website for a DIY build

https://faroutride.com/

I considered building on up, but being a 1 car family with 3 dogs, a full size, converted van just didn't make sense. I roll in a pick-up and small travel trailer.

settem
22 hours ago, UplandHntr said:

5 seconds after I took this pic a long blonde haired girl climbed out. Was just a bit embarrassing.

TouRig

Sooo...

where’s the next pic?😂

UplandHntr
1 hour ago, settem said:

Sooo...

where’s the next pic?😂

I pretended I was checking emails.. taking a phone call or any other damn thing that came to mind immediately

settem
42 minutes ago, UplandHntr said:

I pretended I was checking emails.. taking a phone call or any other damn thing that came to mind immediately

I would have done the same thing I guess. 

That is a pretty sweet rig.

I lusted after a Sports Mobile van for years. 
https://sportsmobile.com/sportsmobile-4x4/

The bigger vans would be a much better platform. I believe the Mercedes is available with diesel and 4wd from the factory. 

OldSarge

Saw this 4x4 VW van advertised in the area. Thought it was kind of cool and would make a nice base platform for an over lander rig. 

A86FFC71-3E5D-4451-B4DB-7949043A4609.png