REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tim Frazier

ANF gathering...year 10

Tim Frazier

So to celebrate the 10th year of Jeff's gathering in the Allegheny National Forest we bring you a....pandemic!  There will be people and dogs at Jeff's from the 21st through the 23rd.  There will be dog work on wild birds available (if the birds cooperate), food and beverages.  This is NOT at a club so to warn people you will be an hour from a grocery store (Tionesta's closed) and 30 minutes from a flush toilet.  We shoot clays in a gravel pit and don't keep score.  Dogs are permitted to be pretty much everywhere people are so you might find one unexpectedly on your lap.  To be safe we are implementing a few new rules;

-Social distancing will be mandated so no one is allowed in Jeff's cot, or anyone else's cot unless related.  Dogs are excluded from this rule.

-Masks are mandatory if you eat too many beans and drink too much beer and are getting ready to "rip" one.  You must provide warning for everyone to "mask up"

Strictly BYOT...bring your own tent, or just come up for the day, or we probably can find you a socially distanced cot and throw a bug net over you.

-Forest county is up to 7 cases and none of them are invited.  See attached map, we are requesting no one travel to Ohio over the weekend...enough said.

covid_LI (2).jpg

Tim Frazier

I have a feeling this is going to be just a handful of us this year, which is understandable.  It's never been a huge gathering.  If anyone doesn't have Jeffs contact information and thinks they want to come up or just stop by let me know and I will make sure he is aware as well.

mister grouse

Is there a Zoom link to attend via the 'net?😀

Cooter Brown
4 hours ago, mister grouse said:

Is there a Zoom link to attend via the 'net?😀

No.  Just TikTok.

dogrunner

Pretty sure there will be snakes and ticks so be prepared.  My invitation from that ANF grouse guru guy must've got lost in the mail. 🙁

Tim Frazier
9 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Pretty sure there will be snakes and ticks so be prepared.  My invitation from that ANF grouse guru guy must've got lost in the mail. 🙁

Everyone is invited 

Zoli 16ga.

I've been. Had a great time.

DAP

Didn't have problems with Ticks, Snakes or Black flies on Gathing day -5 but be forewarned, the Stable flies are out in force.   Long pants are mandatory to avoid a major loss of blood.

Tim Frazier

Per Jeff we are up to 10 on Saturday and I have 2 deer hindquarters that are in brine right now that I'll slow cook at home and then "warm up" over an open flame Saturday afternoon.   Maybe not as exciting as a "pig on fire" but hopefully tasty!  So there will be plenty of food if anyone is interested in stopping by.

I also have a few quail I can bring up if anyone has a young dog and they would like some exposure to feathers.

Tim

DAP

b74B5nE.jpg

uu4z3Mh.jpg

IK8YK7M.jpg

fpMWKpF.jpg

ZwaavM8.jpg

otSxzdD.jpg

LRnZJe5.jpg

Tim Frazier

Great time, perfect weather albeit a tad warm, zero bugs of any kind and great dogs and company!

6194A82E-CD7E-44AA-91D3-8C2B94085CF8.jpeg

76681F13-51A2-49E0-AC5C-1506584CD79D.jpeg

AB3832B9-4D47-469B-AF4F-7C6C8FC8E003.jpeg

EB352DD6-7520-47CA-94D7-75FA45ADBD58.jpeg

DAP

6afNpkU.jpg

Locher

Great pictures Doug - thanks.

Clueless1

Great company for sure!!  I'm practicing cornhole every day until we meet again! 

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG