SAMSUNG TV ADVICE REQUESTED

Natty Bumpo

GUYS/GALS:

I have a 10 year old Samsung LED TV (39") whose screen suddenly has gone dark. HDMI image comes on in upper left and then goes away. Sound works. TV has worked perfect for 10 years. And now this set is seldom used these days.

Anything to try? Should I try to get it fixed ? Or should I just go buy a new RV . THKS for any advice.

NB

Try unplugging it for a bit and then power back up. My first step for sorting out electronics issues as it typically resets the device. 

This article might be of help, too. Best of luck. 

In 10 years the technology advancements have left your tv behind if it is having issue time for a new one

Samsung had a longstanding problem with bad capacitors. At one point they were fixing certain models for free. No harm in calling Samsung with your model number. Customer service number is: 800-726-7864

Mine was almost 10 years old when they fixed it for free.

Mike da Carpenter

Unplug as mentioned above, but instead of plugging back in, haul it outside.  We have 3 Samsung TV’s that we bought last year.  I believe the biggest is a 65” we got at Costco.  Price is fair (That’s relative I know) if you don’t want a lot of bells and whistles.  The latest technology will blow you away compared to what you had from 10 years ago.  

1 hour ago, Natty Bumpo said:

Anything to try? Should I try to get it fixed ? Or should I just go buy a new RV . THKS for any advice.

I like the way you think...Old Samsung goes blank, go buy a new recreational vehicle. 😂

I had to laugh as I have fat fingers as well. Case in point, I screwed this response up three times before it was spelled right

I would unplug it and  then restart it.  If that fails give Samung a call, as mentioned above.  If that fails, find out where you can dispose of your current TV.  Measure where the new TV will go and then go to Costco or Sam's.  

Natty Bumpo
1 minute ago, MoSpaniels said:

I like the way you think...Old Samsung goes blank, go buy a new recreational vehicle. 😂

I had to laugh as I have fat fingers as well. Case in point, I screwed this response up three times before it was spelled right

Good One, Mo Spaniels. "Fat fingers" is the least of it. :ph34r:  I'll try the "take the power cord out" gambit and if that doesn't wake it up, its off to buy a new TV box.

THKS for all the helpful reply's.

NB

30 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

Get an LG

Yes this one should do. We hang them on walls. 

60F49764-CEE6-4141-AE9E-057C59080782.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

Unplug as mentioned above, but instead of plugging back in, haul it outside.  We have 3 Samsung TV’s that we bought last year.  I believe the biggest is a 65” we got at Costco.  Price is fair (That’s relative I know) if you don’t want a lot of bells and whistles.  The latest technology will blow you away compared to what you had from 10 years ago.  

Yep. Mine is basically a computer running completely off wifi. Can plug it in anywhere in the house or back porch.  Samsung smart tvs even provides free tv channels, albeit not very good ones.  I dumped cable.

Mike da Carpenter
10 minutes ago, Korthaar said:

Yep. Mine is basically a computer running completely off wifi. Can plug it in anywhere in the house or back porch.  Samsung smart tvs even provides free tv channels, albeit not very good ones.  I dumped cable.

Yep, get a Firestick from Amazon and your golden.  Nothing else needed.

• 2 weeks later...
casts_by_fly
On 7/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Mike da Carpenter said:

Yep, get a Firestick from Amazon and your golden.  Nothing else needed.

no need for a fire stick with the newer Samsung’s. All of the apps are built into the tv itself. Most come preloaded and the rest can be searched for in the tv and downloaded. Our remote has predefined buttons for Hulu and Netflix (both of which we use) and then the rest are one menu button away. 

rick

• 2 weeks later...