REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
spinfly

NHL- Back at it

spinfly

Back to the top, teams are set for the Stanley Cup. Not who I thought would be there, but seldom happens that way for me. I don't have a favorite, if I pick the Bolts the Stars will win, and vice versa.  As a Sabres fan (yeah, I know), just glad to see some former Sabres on each team will be finally  hoisting  the Cup.

kgb

Are these two teams as far from Canada as they could get (with Vegas as the backup)?

jeff88

Guess if I must root it will be for TB, I like their coach a lot.  The style they play is also my preference.  Could be very interesting, wallbangers versus finesse.  That usually makes for good theater.

Ben Hong

I love that Dallas team, and Coach Rick Bowness is a Maritimer whom I have met a couple of times but...Tampa has Point,  Hedman, Sergachev, McDonagh, etc. o.O

One of the reasons why Montreal has been in dire straits these past few years has been their inability to develop talent after they get drafted. Sergachev and Mcdonagh were literally given away before the even got a look. The very promising American kid Poehling will face the same fate when the draft and trades get underway.

spinfly
19 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

I love that Dallas team, and Coach Rick Bowness is a Maritimer whom I have met a couple of times but...Tampa has Point,  Hedman, Sergachev, McDonagh, etc. o.O

One of the reasons why Montreal has been in dire straits these past few years has been their inability to develop talent after they get drafted. Sergachev and Mcdonagh were literally given away before the even got a look. The very promising American kid Poehling will face the same fate when the draft and trades get underway.

The Sabres have been using that same play book for the past 10 years. Used to be 2 or 3 years with the Amerks before they would get a look with the big club. Now the M.O. is go after high priced aging free agents,  pay them more than they are worth, and expect immediate results. This "rebuild" has been going on for 9 years now. But for some reason, I keep coming back for more, expecting different results. Well, me and every other Sabres fan.😬

sneem

I never would have picked these two, but they both earned it. I like Dallas, but don’t ask me why. Pavelski for MVP.

jeff88

Congratulations to the TB team and fans, the Lightning played a great series.  Good to see Coach Cooper win it all.  

dogrunner

I didn't see any fans.