REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WyomingArt

Help put a price on these blank guns, plz. It's time to tune up those pups for bird season.

WyomingArt

Help find a price so these can be posted on  Swap and Trade.

Two  H&R  blank revolvers, modified to use shotgun primers.    .32  steel frame revolver, not plastic, not pot metal. Has a  solid barrel, non cartridge firing.  Don't know about shipping, just checked "Federal definition of a firearm "  and found "blank firing guns"  are included!  Gotta' do some more checking. There's some vague language about being convertable to fire cartridges.

Cylinders are sleeved for shotshell primers, used but not abused.  Primers are  inexpensive, .32 blanks are expensive. These were my own used for dog training.

A similar revolver from the major dog training suppliers are in the range of $269 for the Charter Arms steel version to $75 for  a pot metal version.  H&R was always the trainers choice, hasn't been available in some years. 20200801_071411.thumb.jpg.39a77789af4d9a913c127cc1189c4e84.jpg

So... what are they worth?  If buyer wants both there'd be a discount.  Percentage to Brad of course.

20200801_071212.jpg

20200801_071411.jpg

20200801_071232.jpg

WPG Gizmo

Best price I could find was $104 used for 32 cal and $50 for 22 both of those were sold.  I think that $100 is a fair price for a quality blank gun

Speaks

I would do $100 for one of them. Let me know if that works for you. 

406dn

I have a question or two

How many rounds do the cylinders hold??

Can the pistols still fire 32 caliber blanks?

WyomingArt

Thanks for the inquiry.

1) No on firing .32 blanks. Cylinders were sleeved for shotgun primer. Possibly sleeves could be removed, though I'm not a machinist or gunsmith.  A gunsmith friend put the sleeves in when revolvers were new.  There is an earlier thread on .32 blank vs.   209 primers for field trial  use posted last February.  Consensus then was 209 primer revolvers were in the majority. 

2) 6 shot cylinder.

Tnx for the input, keep the info flowing.  

Speaks: let's wait to see what shakes out on price range before it's posted  for sale.   Another H&R blank revolver,  different model, was posted some time back, don't know if it sold. Seller asked $300 on  a revolver w/ a reblue.   Understood that's just one sample though may not be typical.

WPG Gizmo

NEF and H&R are basically one and the same a new NEF you could get for $150 and some change but sadly they have both been tanked by Remington when they were sold as part of the Marlin sale.  For a long time the NEF/H&R blank guns were the ones to have.

406dn

Thanks for the reply. 

Presently, I use a NEF 22 caliber blank gun for training and (hush, hush) competing. I use construction blanks for ammo. The blanks I use at trials are very loud,, likely louder than a primer.

When you hear some of the 32 caliber blanks at trials,, it is obvious that they were loaded VERY lightly.

Depending on where the price is established, I would be interested in one of the blank guns.

When I bought my NEF it set me back about $130 if memory serves. $300 would be beyond my level of interest.

Natty Bumpo

I sold a H&R .22 cal blank pistol (970?)  here two years ago. IIRC it was made in Springfield, Mass.  It had been used for dog training and field trials. It had some bluing loss on the end of the barrel and front of cylinder from holster. I put a price of $100 on it and it sold immediately. In good shape, they are worth that all day long. The .32s should bring more.

insanelupus

Watching. In the market for a reliable 209 primer gun fur a reasonable price too.

Jim Vander

No way less than 100. I sold an extra 209 for 300 and had multiple buyers chasing it. 

WyomingArt

Gonna' wait on listing these. Family stuff going on. 

Over/Out.