Home security cameras

Ok Looking to install a home security camera system.  I see there's tons of options and i know nothing about them really so could us some help with this.

Here's what i would like;

1) no montly costs

2) easy set up

3) view from my phone woud be nice

4) I'd like to install on my machine shed pointing towards the driveway and my house 

5) 2 cameras would be sufficient

I looked on amazon and found wireless with dvr and 4 cameras for like $200.  

Do I have to have internet hooked up to them?  If so I have internet in my house but not my shed. So could I put the dvr in the house and have the cameras on the shed which would be about 50 feet away and still have it work since the cameras are wireless?

I have a Reolink Argus 2 mounted on my garage....no fees, just put in a micro SD card.  Easily connects to the internet if you're not too far away.  It can be plugged in or be powered by a solar panel, which I bought.

Only problem with the solar panel, if there are a few days of no sun (or during the winter) the battery runs down real quick.  So it's best if you can plug it in.

WI Outdoor Nut

Been happy with ring.  Does everything you want.  But if you want to record, a small monthly fee.  Mine will activate when I have motion, and let me know.  Did it more to make sure the kids were off the bus than anything else. 

34 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Been happy with ring.  Does everything you want.  But if you want to record, a small monthly fee.  Mine will activate when I have motion, and let me know.  Did it more to make sure the kids were off the bus than anything else. 

Same. Doorbell in front, motion light/camera out back. Dunoo what the monthly fee is, but it's not much. 

Makes for good e-scouting at our bird feeder!

Also like being able to view not only past triggered events, but to check real-time as well, especially when Piper was a pup and we had a gal walking her a couple times during the day. We'd look out front and if her car was gone, we'd know when to disarm/rearm the sercutiy system wihtout having to hand out the code.

I recently got Nest cameras (Google's version of Ring).  I have several of their outdoor cameras around my house.  Pretty easy to setup.  You'll need a wireless internet router.  It has proven very effective at detecting motion and alerting my phone anytime there is movement anywhere on the property.  I can use my phone or computer to look at recordings and live video.  I have one pointed at my dog kennel so I can keep an eye on my pup during the day.  I work close to home, so if anything happens I'm there immediately along with the police.  So far I've caught deer in my garden at night and various neighborhood dogs using my yard as a bathroom (I saved those clips in case of any future disputes with the neighbors 😉).   

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 2:15 PM, Tracker 6 said:

Hear good things about WYZE brand cameras

I bought Wyze a few years ago and like it. It doesn’t have all the features the higher end one do but it works well for us. I have six of the cameras, run it from my smartphone and there are no monthly fees.