Home from Alaska.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StormsGSP

• atticus

• erik meade

Congratulations Alex . You're still my hero . I'm sure I can speak for all that we're so proud of you . You have done what so many , including myself , only dream of . I'm so glad I got to meet you at Scarborough . Please keep the dreams coming . Thanks for a great adventure .
Any idea of scores?

My taxidermist is having the Dall scored, I'm not going to bother with the bear. Neither are book worthy, but I could care less. The memory of the hunt is the trophy.

Alex……… a hunt you will remember forever.  You are an amazing young man……my hat is off to you.  Thanks for sharing your remarkable experience.

Alex,

That was an awesome PE. I wish I could have done something like that in my twenties. You are a lucky man. Great stuff.

Jay

Alex, I've been telling everyone I meet on the street about this great photo-story.  Congratulations on a great hunt and thanks for the compelling recounting. FP
Steelheadfred

Alex,

Great Trip, great story.

I have spent extenstive time in Alaska in the Bristol Bay region. Fishing and guiding with the bears.

I doubt I could shoot a bear for sport, protection maybe, sport no way.

Congrats on a trip of a lifetime.

To my shame and embarassment I was out of town when young Alex made his brief stop in Fairbanks. My loss.

A wonderful story. Glad you had such success, Alex. All hunts in Alaska don't end the same way. One still has to hunt very hard, or be lucky, or both.

Those photos make me wish I still had an airplane. I used to fly around those places and land where I could. Too expensive these days.

Congratulations, Alex!

Jim