Multiple dogs all get sick

gunsrus
31 minutes ago, UplandHntr said:

Any chemicals put on the lawn recently? 

31 minutes ago, UplandHntr said:

Any chemicals put on the lawn recently? 

Early June 

Jim Vander

Best wishes for quick recovery, hard stools and Happy Dogs!

shoot-straight

I know The blue green algae is ruled out, but I wanted to also reinforce how bad it can be. 

hope they mend up ok.

my lab was having intermittent stomach issues. 3 times back and forth to vet. Could never figure it out, then I did. Guinea fowl Sh**. My POS neighbor has (had) several, they would cross a 10 acre field and peck around. And poop. He actually caught a few, I told Him to keep them away. I just Started shooting them. Wife wacked one too. Suddenly, they stopped coming over. Go figure.

Irishwhistler

Give them an ear rub for me Al.  Hopes for full healing soon.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

gaberdeen
5 hours ago, gunsrus said:

My three Setters . First the 6yo Tuukka craps in the house diarrhea two nights in a row . Never ever crapped in the house before even as a pup . Never vomited , never lost appetite .

Second my 12yo Zack vomits a couple hours after he eats two days in a row and doesn't want to eat . Now day three , Zack wants to eat but Raider vomits too . 

Zack went to the vet today , he's the oldest and I'm more concerned . Xray , no obstruction , check for giardia , Cerenia shot and tablets for nausea and vomit , he seems better today .

Boiled hamburg and rice for a few more days for all . 

Vet and I both think they all got into something , the problem with more than one . I would have waited a few more days for a vet visit but glad it doesn't seem serious . 

I worry more about my dogs than most . $678 , my Vet is the best and I've been with him for 25 years . My wife is ok with it too . She cares more about the dogs than me . 

Mojo for the crew Al.

Dave Erickson

Good luck, Al. Hard to see our buddies not feeling well.

Zoli 16ga.

do they all drink from the same water bowl?

Okhotnik
2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Food , dry kibble , in a/c house in a sealed container . I thought it might be a bad bag but we're at the end of this bag in question . 

Can salmonella get into dry dog food?

406dn

One thing I have gotten better about is washing their feed dish after every feeding. I suspected that might have been the source of one of my dogs having a rough couple of days.

gunsrus
1 hour ago, 406dn said:

One thing I have gotten better about is washing their feed dish after every feeding. I suspected that might have been the source of one of my dogs having a rough couple of days.

I wash the feed dish after every meal .

bullseyebill

Hope the pups are feeling better.

Spin

Racoon Poop?  Any standing water or drinking bowls left outside unattended or left out overnight? Coons and Possums will drink from such sources and may leave a infectious

gift that keeps on giving for one or more dogs. 

hayslope

Hope the boys are feeling better! You never know what they'll pick up in Massachusetts!!

gunsrus
9 hours ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

do they all drink from the same water bowl?

Yes , washed daily 

gunsrus

All I can think of is rabbit poop . We had several small bunnies running around with tiny poops . Grown up and gone now .

Dogs are all coming around now , i can see improvement . Another couple days of boiled hamburg and rice and I think they'll be fine . 

It really bothers me when they're down . They are always "clingy" but even more so when not feeling well . 

Thank for all the thoughts and well wishes .