Multiple dogs all get sick

My three Setters . First the 6yo Tuukka craps in the house diarrhea two nights in a row . Never ever crapped in the house before even as a pup . Never vomited , never lost appetite .

Second my 12yo Zack vomits a couple hours after he eats two days in a row and doesn't want to eat . Now day three , Zack wants to eat but Raider vomits too . 

Zack went to the vet today , he's the oldest and I'm more concerned . Xray , no obstruction , check for giardia , Cerenia shot and tablets for nausea and vomit , he seems better today .

Boiled hamburg and rice for a few more days for all . 

Vet and I both think they all got into something , the problem with more than one . I would have waited a few more days for a vet visit but glad it doesn't seem serious . 

I worry more about my dogs than most . $678 , my Vet is the best and I've been with him for 25 years . My wife is ok with it too . She cares more about the dogs than me . 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• Spin

• 406dn

• shoot-straight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My three Setters . First the 6yo Tuukka craps in the house diarrhea two nights in a row . Never ever crapped in the house before even as a pup . Never vomited , never lost appetite . Second my 12

Finally last night Raider drank water and this morning ate some kibble . Whatever it was , we're over it , all seem fine .  Thanks for the support all . 

Mojo for the crew Al.

Geez Al.  I'm thinking Giardia.  My understanding it can happen in a blink of an eye.  Sophie tested positive for it last year just on a routine vet visit.  I took in the poop to run the annual fecal test and boom, Giardia.  

Did you have the dogs out swimming lots of toxic algae blooms lately 

1 minute ago, WPG Gizmo said:

We were just talking about that with some friends.

4 minutes ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Nope

Maybe they found some wild mushrooms. Sounds like my dog after he gets into some before I can stop him. 

Wes Stueber

Hope all three are on the mend now, AL?  I know how it is with three dogs around the place.  Best of luck to them.

Brittman

If it was blue green algae,,, the dogs would likely be dead.

They may have all gotten into something or they might have caught some virus. You will likely never know. Dogs seem to be blessed with an amazing talent for cleaning out a digestive tract, from both ends.

The only time I take a dog to the vet for diarrhea is if it looks like there is blood in it. Otherwise I assume it will pass (no pun intended) in the next day or two. 

Holy smokes Al! That would have scared the bejesus out of me! How do you keep their food? Could something have gotten in there? Since your feeding them a bland diet, I’m not sure I wouldn’t trash their remaining bag or whatever and start over with a new one. I really hope things get better quick!

Hope the boys are on the mend soon, Al. I know you won't be getting much sleep till they're better. 

2 hours ago, GuyO said:

Holy smokes Al! That would have scared the bejesus out of me! How do you keep their food? Could something have gotten in there? Since your feeding them a bland diet, I’m not sure I wouldn’t trash their remaining bag or whatever and start over with a new one. I really hope things get better quick!

Food , dry kibble , in a/c house in a sealed container . I thought it might be a bad bag but we're at the end of this bag in question . 

Fire Marshal Bill

Dogs just like kids just get sick once in a while. Glad it's not more serious. 

4 hours ago, gunsrus said:

She cares more about the dogs than me . 

One could take that a number of ways. Does she care more about the dogs than you do or does she care about the dogs more than she cares about you......or both???? 😁