Multiple dogs all get sick

Bummer.  Rabbits the cause?  I wonder, Al.  Seems a little counterintuitive that all 3 ate the right amount to get sick. But I have no suggestions. 
Brittany mojo on the way.  She normally rolls in it, doesn’t eat  it.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• Spin

• 406dn

• shoot-straight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My three Setters . First the 6yo Tuukka craps in the house diarrhea two nights in a row . Never ever crapped in the house before even as a pup . Never vomited , never lost appetite . Second my 12

Finally last night Raider drank water and this morning ate some kibble . Whatever it was , we're over it , all seem fine .  Thanks for the support all . 

Mojo for the crew Al.

Cooter Brown

Hope all are on the way to feeling better.  It's a helpless, gut wrenching feeling knowing something is wrong feeling powerless to do anything.

pa'tridge hunters

I'm glad they're on the mend. If they can find it, they'll roll in it, then eat it. That's why we love them.

18 hours ago, 406dn said:

If it was blue green algae,,, the dogs would likely be dead.

They may have all gotten into something or they might have caught some virus. You will likely never know. Dogs seem to be blessed with an amazing talent for cleaning out a digestive tract, from both ends.

The only time I take a dog to the vet for diarrhea is if it looks like there is blood in it. Otherwise I assume it will pass (no pun intended) in the next day or two. 

Not necessarily true. My dog

got

into blue/green algae quite a few years ago and she’s still alive. I believe we were lucky but also don’t think the algae was in full bloom ( if that makes sense). She did come

sown with pneumonia. It was very scary. 

Just now, paul frey said:

Not necessarily true. My dog

got

into blue/green algae quite a few years ago and she’s still alive. I believe we were lucky but also don’t think the algae was in full bloom ( if that makes sense). She did come

sown with pneumonia. It was very scary. 

I think I said likely dead. I know of dogs that made it thru and others not so lucky.

1 minute ago, 406dn said:

I think I said likely dead. I know of dogs that made it thru and others not so lucky.

Gotcha

16 hours ago, Hub said:

Are they all eating the same kind of dog food from the same bag?  

Yes an bag is almost empty so I wondered same but seems funny the illness came on this late . Also , this is the fourth bag in the same delivery from Chewy , same date on all four bags . Seems strange that only this bag was bad . 

Gunrus, a bunch of us on UJ even get uneasy when yours and others dogs aren't well. Perhaps a pack instinct we've somehow adopted? More likely that among UJers there are

those of us that are simply more susceptible to a emotional bond and the oxytocin release that occurs mutually between our two separate species when in close contact with each other.

Indeed a very special response to be sure. It seems that it is the only example of this known to occur between to different, unrelated species on Earth. Amazing.

Link;  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6826447/

16 hours ago, 406dn said:

Here's some very good information on blue-green algae (not always bad, though a likely villain in this case

link;  https://www.rxlist.com/blue-green_algae/supplements.htm

Zack and Tuukka seem back to normal . Started them back on half regular kibble and half boiled hamburg and rice . They are pooping and peeing fine but still looking for grass to eat . 

Raider still not interested in food but pooping and peeing fine . He kept me up a few hours last night , just not himself , still eating grass . Still lethargic . He'll continue on nausea pill and hopefully come around soon . 

On another note , walking him , we came close to the bad skunk at 2 am . 

Sending extra mojo and hoping Raider snaps back soon. I hope you get some peace of mind too.

Finally last night Raider drank water and this morning ate some kibble . Whatever it was , we're over it , all seem fine . 

Thanks for the support all . 

bullseyebill

Glad all are on the road to recovery. One dog sick with a mysterious illness 

is bad enough, but three, I can’t imagine.Maybe it was delayed sympathetic pain

for missing The Catskills .😁